Chapter 1: Friendly Face

Author's Note: 

The Art of Gregory + William is an Art Commission done by @fiorellapiedo on Instagram. However, with permission from the artist, I edited the Art into a Banner + Book Cover on Canva.

Link to Artist here: https://www.instagram.com/fiorellapiedo/?hl=en

Link to Art Commission here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CYRMx2yFHmI/?hl=en

~~

Hurricane, Utah - 20XX

Location: Pizzaplex - Office

Time: ???

RING RING RING

A figure sits in a dark room, her face only lit by the light of the laptop in front of her. She looked at the vibrating smartphone in her hands as an icon of a Gold Rabbit with a wide grin manifested onto her screen. She answers the call of her master, William Afton.

"Vanny?" a male voice with robotic inflections started speaking.

"Oh Mr Afton," she greeted the Gold Rabbit, "Is there something that you need me to do?"

"Yes. I've been reading some of the files in Fazbears and I found something...interesting. The Friendly Face Service: They can bring dead pets back to life by cloning them right? And these clones, can they really live forever?"

"Ummm...Pretty much depending on what package you buy. Some live forever while others have long lifespans. It's a really popular service for the richer kids and adults. However, the clones can be 'deactivated' when their owner has died as long as they are sent back to any Fazbear entertainment outlet".

The purple eyes of the rabbit light up, a ingenious thought sparking in his head like a struck matchstick: "Can they do it with humans?"

"Erm...No. They've tried but results were less than favourable."

"But are they still working on it?" Mr Afton questioned.

"No. They gave up on trying due to numerous failures".

"Tch," the Gold Rabbit's grinning face switched into a scowl, "Cowards..."

"What are you thinking about Mr Afton?"

"Do you think we could do it? Create an immortal clone of myself that my soul can inhabit?" he proposed.

"From scratch? I don't think so. First off, we need an animatronic body for this. Second, as I said, human clones have a high chance of ending up faulty and third, I'm not too well versed with the cloning procedure in this company".

"I don't want to be in another animatronic body, Vanny." Afton's digital voice grumbled, "I was a corpse in a mechanical suit for years and it was agony. I barely survived being burned alive you know which is why I'm stuck in this digital space. I'm tired of being trapped, I want to live again, to taste food, to feel the sun and breeze against my skin and I could do that if I had a living, breathing body."

William goes silent, plunging deep into thought. The screen of Vanny's phone fizzled slightly. 

Then, after a minute, he spoke again.

"Surely, there must be something that can be done...Could you give me full access to information about Fazbear's cloning methods. I'm locked out of some of it".

"I can but...why?"

"I need to read through more of this so that I can use my brilliant mind to figure out something...eventually".