Chapter 13: Golden Days

Author's Note: TRIGGER WARNING! Mentions of Violence and Childhood Abuse in this chapter.

~~

Location: Pizzaplex VIP Area

Time: 10:49pm

Gregory had looped right back into the Pizzaplex VIP Area from that Hallway. Now, he he had to find Freddy. Wherever he was.

Or...I could just call him here. Gregory presses the small, round button on his watch. He presses it again.

Nothing.

He then tries to contact Freddy vocally.

"Freddy, you there?" Gregory speaks into his watch.

Still no response. The boy exhales. Must still be charging...

Gregory shrugs and decides to aimlessly stalk about the VIP area until Freddy is available to speak again. There weren't many Security Bots around so he could elude them with ease and, additionally, Gregory couldn't see or hear the other animatronics in this place either as they were prowling other sections of the Mall.

The place was unnervingly quiet without the sounds of Chica's electric guitar, the narcissistic chatter of Roxy or the loud crashing from Monty's room ...

As the boy strolls around, he sees something that he had never seen before. On the opposite side of the Glamrocks' rooms and situated right next to a cardboard cutout of Foxy the Pirate on a pirate ship, was a moderately-sized, horizontal and rectangular room of pale yellow walls. The sign above it's entryway read Fazbear Entertainment History Exhibit.

Gregory's eyes light up, his interest piqued.

A History Exhibit? That sounds interesting. Should I go in?' The child ponders his options, 'I have nothing else to do and Freddy is still charging... Also there doesn't seem to be any bots in there...so yeah, I'll go in. Maybe I'll learn something valuable while I'm there.

Gregory was then instantly struck by a realisation about who else he could find out more about in that exhibit.

William Afton! There's bound to be information about him in there.

With that, Gregory makes the decision to head in.

Ancient Fazbear memorabilia that had been collected by the company over many years were displayed for all to see within the room's confines. They mainly consisted of perfectly preserved props and items locked in glass cases, scattered in corners or placed right smack in the middle and all had miniature gold labels next to them which stated the year it was found (and used) and what it was. Meanwhile, hung on the walls and seated in golden frames were old posters from "Fredbears Family Diner '' and "Fazbear's Pizzeria" and organised chronologically.

Two items however were missing: A smoking pipe that belonged to William Afton, and a Miniature Music Man Prototype.

Gregory was starting to feel a bit woozy from staring at these items as they brought back more of William's memories to him, mainly those of the Golden Days of the Fazbear business. Everything here felt nostalgic but at the same time, he was upset because the nostalgia and familiarity that he was presently feeling wasn't really his. Technically, they belonged to William Afton.

Is there anything about me that's truly unique? Or am I all him? That murderer, that monster...am I destined to become a monster like him? Gregory shakes his head, trying to derail this train of thought before it consumes him and makes him as sad as Henry.

No! I won't become like William. I'll make sure of it. When and if I leave this place tonight, I'll run away and become my own person and make my own memories with people that don't hate me a lot.