Chapter 2: Will(I am Afton)

Location: Old Pizzeria

Time: ???

Before returning to the Pizzaplex, Vanny swaddles the clone's small body in a star-patterned blanket from a makeshift bed she set up six months ago in the abandoned pizzeria.

Ever since she started working on the cloning project with William, she had been living here temporarily so that she could cross between the Old Pizzeria and the Pizzaplex with ease. She had a proper home to return to of course but, besides the clone, there were a few other projects they were working on within the Old Pizzeria as well:

One was the creation of a special device that would enable the transfer of William's soul into the clone later on. Another involved the use of a charging booth and staging of a "retirement" of a...specific rabbit animatronic and the last involved gathering more Remnant to sustain a "pet" of theirs resting underneath the mall.

These reasons were why she had been residing here for the past months. It was taxing for her of course but, since these were tasks that Mr Afton ordered her to do, she was eager to do anything for him and never questioned why for she admired the man dearly.

Once ensuring she had completely concealed the clone by wrapping him like a Mummy (but leaving him some room for him to breathe), she lifted one of the large, empty wooden boxes and placed it on a trolley before putting William's clone in the box as well, heaving as she did so.

Then, for the final touch, she slid the box's lid over the boy, a lid which fortunately already had a few gaps punctured upon it beforehand so that boy wouldn't suffocate as she travelled with him.

"It's lucky that I was too lazy to bother moving these boxes out of here..." Vanny mutters under her breath while pushing the trolley into the elevator.

DING!

Upon arriving at Level B2, she first brought the clone to the room where they cleaned the animatronics pre and post-performance. She unwrapped him and then splashed him down with a small hose. The clone reacts with alarm to the water, eyes bulging out of their sockets as he places his hands out instinctively to defend himself but after a minute, he stops and calms down, lowering his hands once he realised the water was not harming him.

"Sorry about that." Vanny apologised half-heartedly, "You reeked of chemicals and dirt. I'll dry you up now if that's alright."

William's clone stared at her vacantly. Did he even understand what she was saying? After cleaning him up, she wrapped him in a spare (and much cleaner) towel and put him back into the box.

She carried on pushing the trolley past a few more corridors and doors until she reached the perfect room to drop the child off in. She favoured coming to this room in particular whenever she was on break (or needed one) because it was a blindspot. No cameras nor people stepped in here usually because the items that were stored in this room were the ones that weren't popular in the Pizzaplex gift shops and thus, they items didn't require much restocking.

"Stay here for a while." She orders, removing the clone from the box and setting him down. "I'll come back".

With that, she taps a white card on a scanner before leaving with the trolley and closes the green door behind her.

Clumsily, the clone tries to stand up and follow her but, still feeling weak from just having been 'born', all he can do is crawl about the space shakily using his limbs. Eventually, he collides with a wall. Using his hands, he places them on the wall and uses his legs to push himself into a standing position and slowly, he manages to stand but on unsteady legs. He smiles to himself and attempts to edge towards the door that Vanny had left from.