Chapter 3: "Gregory Miller"

Author's Note:

- Italics are for the characters' thoughts or emphasis effect on certain words.

- Bold Italics are for Will/Gregory's flashbacks to William's Past [Being a creation of William's Remnant, it gives him the ability see William's memories whenever he sees something familiar]

- Bold Italics with "double quotations" are also for dialogue in for Will/Gregory's flashbacks to William's Past.

That's all.

~~

Location: Pizzaplex Basement Levels

Time: 3pm

Will dug through every drawer not long after Vanny left him until finally, he found it: A plain white ID card. It wasn't the only one either as there were at least 15 of them in this specific drawer.

Yes! Gregory exclaimed internally, I knew she had a lot of them in here.

Vanny was careless and had underestimated how intelligent or observant Will really was. She always presumed his head was buried in his books or toys but in truth, he had been surveilling her when she had her eyes off of him. Every time she came to meet him, he'd surveil her arranging the different items within and upon that desk and some of them were white cards similar to the one she held to get out of the room.

Why would she need so many different ones though? Gregory thought. The Rabbit woman and the golden rabbit/man called William....they were enigmas to him. He shook his head, not wanting to dwell on this anymore so that he could leave this room as fast as possible. All he wanted to do was explore the outside world for bit and then, he would surely come back before Vanny returned. No harm no foul.

The boy took one last glance at the room for anything else he would need before stepping out and immediately, he picked up his Orange Bear plushie.

"You've been with me for the longest so I'll take you up with me."

Stretching high with the white card in hand, Gregory tapped it on the box and heard a 'click'. The door swung open automatically for him. Now, all he had to do now was find the way upstairs.

The basement was a labyrinth of passageways and doors but there were useful green exits signs above and Will followed them until he found a flight of stairs and an exit: A metallic silver door where the sounds of children and loud music hummed from just beyond. Gregory had never heard music before but what was playing outside gave him feelings of joy.

He found it odd that he never encountered Vanny at all in the empty hallways but that was a good thing he supposed, otherwise he would be in a lot of trouble.

Taking a deep breath, Will opened the exit doors and what he saw made his eyes light up with amazement. For a few seconds, Will was overwhelmed by the bright colours and the high energy of the world outside but not long after that, he found the courage to step out with his Orange Bear plushie into the enthralling new world.

One of the first things he caught sight of upon exiting, other than the crowds of people and neon lights streaking across the walls, were the digital holographic signs constructed high above the multitude of shops that advertised Mega Pizzaplex discounts on food or t-shirts, exclusive VIP benefits and more importantly, a concert later with a group of Animatronics known as the
Glamrocks, animal-looking humanoid robots that looked very familiar to Will.

Will stared at the screen as it introduced each of the animatronics with flashy titles and effects that summarised their names and personalities. First was an Alligator called Monty with a rock and roll personality. The next was Chica, a "glamorous chick" that loved Pizza. The third was Roxanne, a Wolf with a "spunky attitude" and finally, the Star of the Show and lead singer was Freddy Fazbear, a big, fun-loving orange bear.