Chapter 22: The Bite of 83

Location: Pizzaplex - Main Atrium

Time: 2:26am

Feeling simultaneously miserable and boiling with rage, Roxy trudges around the Atrium since she couldn't move far beyond the Raceway due to her lack of eyes. She hobbles around carefully while flailing her hands like a maniac to find her bearings in the darkness, trying to avoid knocking into objects after she nearly tripped over a table leg.

"This is so frustrating!" she wails to nobody, "I can't see anything!"

All of a sudden, a distinct voice pierces the darkness: The same voice which had taken away her eyes.

"Roxy?" Gregory calls her from afar. He was using a tiny, portable microphone that was clipped to his shirt and bestowed to him by Freddy.

"You!" She snarls, turning her head towards the sound of his voice.

"Listen, I'm really sorry about earlier." Gregory apologises sincerely, "I want to give you back your eyes."

Roxanne briskly strode forward to the place where she approximated his voice was coming from. She knew he was somewhere on this floor judging by how near his audio was to her pointy ears.

"As if!" She snarled at him, "You're going to strip more parts away from me aren't you?"

"The boy is telling the truth." Freddy supports his statement, "He wants to return your eyes. He's genuinely sorry for what he's done.

She bumps into a metal barrier of sorts and shoves it aside, "I don't believe him and I don't believe you either Freddy".

She feels like she's getting closer to them. Good.

"I'm going to rip that child you're protecting into pieces!" Roxy proclaims.

"Roxy!" Freddy chastised her, "This isn't like you. You wouldn't hurt a fly, much less a child!"

"I'm not in a good mood tonight Freddy. I think I deserve some revenge. An eye for an eye as the saying goes..." she laughs callously, "You know what? I think that's what I'll do: I'll tear out his eyes first!".

Roxane suddenly goes on all fours like an actual wolf and starts sprinting towards him.

Gregory bit his lip anxiously but tried to remain calm, staying put on top of the stage. Unbeknownst to Roxy, his plan was to entice her to him intentionally for he had splashed the stairs beneath him with soapy water that he'd retrieved from a cleaner bot's bucket.

The boy anticipated that once she set foot on the steps, her lack of foresight (literally) would cause her to slip and tumble. Then, upon falling down, Freddy would ambush and restrain her so that Gregory could turn her off. He even took extra precaution by adding moderately sized junk on the stairs to make Roxy extra prone to slipping but instead, the unexpected occurs:

While running, Roxy leaps forward and misses the stairs, water as well as the items she was meant to trip over, lunging right at him with a massive forwards jump. Her mouth was wide open, her sharp teeth bared with an intent to kill. Mike, William, and Gregory feel panic deep within their souls as they each remembered that fateful day in 1983 from disparate perspectives.

"Roxy! Don't you dare kill the boy!" William screams at her from inside her head.

"Go to Hell!" she internally shouts at him, "I'm not taking orders from you anymore!"

William is very distraught. He can't let her kill his Vessel. Especially not like this. As such,
the gold rabbit tries to forcibly possess her and make her stop but, being already mid lunge in the air, he finds that he can't cancel her current action. Sure, he could make her jaws close but, after a quick calculation, he realised her jaws wouldn't be able to shut fully at the present speed she was charging towards Gregory at.