Chapter 36: We are still your friends

Art Commission of elderly William by @beedknee on Instagram

Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce92T7RvR8R/

It took a while (mainly because the Glamrocks needed to walk farther than the Daycare Attendant in order to switch on the lights so that the Attendant wouldn't turn to his other half as they wandered into the darker sections) but everyone soon arrived at the Parts and Service Repair room.

Freddy initially wished to bring Bonnie with them as well but, with no hands available to carry him (and a lack of space in his chest cavity as he was holding Gregory's luggage within), he had to leave his dear friend's body behind. However, before he left, he wanted to see if the memory card that contained Bonnie's sentience and memories were left within but, when he pressed the button to open the card slot, there was nothing there.

Either William destroyed it or Fazbear Entertainment stored it away but Freddy was optimistic that it was the latter rather than the former. Then, Freddy assumed leadership once again since he was also the leader of the band and gave everyone instructions on what to do.

"When we get to the repair room, I'd like you to keep an eye on Vanny Chica." Freddy apprised her, "Tie her up while I see if I can wake Gregory".

"Sure." Chica says, "Just let us know when he wakes up alright".

"Of course. As for you Roxy, place Monty in the repair chamber with the Attendant. After that, disable any cameras or audio devices in the area. If that false William isn't in the child, he's probably still watching us from the system and hasn't left the premises yet".

"What makes you think he didn't leave though?" Roxy inquires.

Mike answers for Freddy, jumping into Roxy, "When my father wants something. He'll never give it up so easily".

"Gah!" Roxy says, finally able to see the ghosts before her, "So the boy wasn't kidding when he said he could see ghosts".

"Pretty much." Mike then jumped back into Freddy.

"Alright everyone, let's make haste. We can figure out what to do next when Grgeory wakes up".

The Attendant and Chica place Monty on the chair in the cylindrical repair chamber while Freddy, Mike and Henry and Charlie place Gregory onto a chair near the computer and Chica ties up Vanny parallel to them.

Freddy gazes sadly at the boy and recalls the meeting with him a few hours ago. He wasn't sure what to make of Gregory at first but he seemed like he was lost, both emotionally and literally. He also thought he was a liar as when he mentioned he was Gregory, he could hear the hesitation in his words and the fact that his identity kept registering to his systems as 'William Afton' didn't help matters either.

However, Freddy was sure the boy had his reasons to hide his true self and so, didn't question the boy's lies. Inevitably though, Gregory came clean with the truth and Freddy discovered the dark secrets of one of the company's founders: That William Afton was a vile madman who slaughtered children. He thought Gregory wasn't the same but when he started exhibiting violent tendencies and nearly killed Roxy, Freddy almost took back his opinions. However, when Gregory apologised for what he'd done and wanted to sincerely make amends, Freddy changed his mind about the child and opened his heart to the boy again, coming to genuinely care about him and wanting him to be better than the person he used to be.