Chapter 9: Two Faced Jester - Part 1

Location: Pizzaplex - Superstar Daycare

Time: 9:05pm

Energetic and kid-friendly music littered with peppy sound effects reverberated throughout the Daycare Drop-off area as Gregory entered.

In the middle of the blue-coloured room was a golden statue of a tall, creepy looking figure with a Cheshire grin. To Gregory, it resembled a lanky jester wearing a mask designed in the shape of the sun, it's poofy pants and pointy toed shoes further emphasising it's jester-ish appearance. Upon closer inspection, Gregory could also see that the other half of its sun-shaped mask was eclipsed by a crescent moon.

The plaque under the statue read: The Daycare Attendant.

Meanwhile, placed at the left and right sides were several seating areas along with lockers for children to put their shoes and belongings in before they set foot in the daycare. Farther right, there was a counter where someone would have likely sat, probably to check if the children had brought their daycare passes before they were allowed in.

The Fazwatch on his wrist beeps.

"Hello Gregory," Freddy greeted him, "I am now fully charged but I am unable to reach you from within the daycare. When you're inside, tell the Daycare Attendant to let me in".

"And what if he doesn't?" Gregory asks, still highly distrustful of the Bear after recalling what William Afton had mentioned earlier.

"What do you mean?"

"Like...what if he doesn't want to let you in?" Gregory reiterated his question.

"Well...then you'll just have to find a Security Pass. There's a Security Desk there that should have one somewhere. Good luck Superstar."

Freddy ends the call.

Gregory went towards the netting that just past the statue and takes in the scenery. The Daycare looked fun: It was a wide, open space that was more lit up and overwhelmingly colourful than the rest of the Mega Pizzaplex and he could see the Security Desk Freddy alluded to, a huge playground with a variety of slides and tunnels to crawl around in, a titanic ball pit and so much more.

If I weren't running for my life right now, I would have loved to take my time and play around here...

Gregory then turned around to see something he wasn't conscious of before: Hidden behind the gold jester was a second gold jester statue. However, despite being similar in stature to the other, this one was in more hunched over position, the triangles on the sides of its face (which made up a part of its sun mask) were gone and a sleeping cap rested atop his head.

Weird. Why is there another Daycare Attendant statue behind the first one? Gregory mused over this oddity for a minute before deciding that he shouldn't waste his time figuring this out as he has more pressing matters at hand, like finding that security card and an exit out of the Mega Pizzaplex.

As such, Gregory looks away from the gold statue and sees a sign above an entrance to a cylindrical slide near the counter.

'SLIDE INTO FUN'

The bubbly words beckoned him into the sole passage to the Daycare and, taking a deep breath, he thrust himself forward, sliding into a whirlwind of colours before falling feet first into a pit of multicoloured plastic balls.

Standing upright, Gregory soon realises with terror that the amount of balls encompassing him rose to his shoulders due to his short height. A new memory is awakened but this time, this one goes far, far back to William's past, to an age where he very much resembled Gregory (if not maybe a little younger than that)...