Chapter 29: Remnants of a Dead Man

Location: West Arcade - Theatre Corridor

Time: 5:10am

Entering the vicinity, Gregory strolled through a short passageway past the double doors that ushered customers into the theatre and comes across three posters on its left side, each positioned 3 feet away from the other and advertising stage productions which featured the Glamrock animatronics.

The boy had no idea if they were real or fake but, nevertheless, he tries to guess what each of them could be about. The first poster advertised what was likely a horror called "Curse of Dreadbear", the second was an action thriller called "Fury's Rage" and the last was "Freddy in Space", a 'thrilling sci-fi adventure' according to the tagline.

William watches his Vessel cautiously walk farther into the theatre and, once he's determined that the boy has walked far enough inside, he surreptitiously makes the automatic doors shut at a snail's pace so that Gregory remains ignorant to the fact that William was locking him in. He was never going to let the boy go. Not when he was already so close to victory.

William smirks and gives his next command to the obedient Daycare Attendant through their shared connection on the Fazbear network: "Attendant, power off Chica, remove the plate on her back and then turn off her safety mode. In the meantime, I'll handle Gregory..."

The theatre was a grandiose space bathed in white light that came from two small chandeliers hanging above as well as a tiny amount of indigo radiance that emitted from the neon streaks at the side of the walls. Additionally, mesmerising electric-purple star patterns and squiggly lines created by light machines roamed over the walls and the 15 rows of 10 double-couch seats that lay below.

Each of the couches were of different colours and divided by a middle pathway for people to enter and exit their seats (meaning that on every row, 10 people would be seated on the left while 10 would be seated on the right) and tonight, most of them were occupied with several staff bots that had their legs cut off, acting as makeshift audience for the performer on stage: A Staff Bot wearing a bowler hat, black bow tie and blue vest. Held tightly in its hands was a microphone and it was doing its best to provide entertainment to the unblinking audience.

"Tell me. Where do you come from, do they call it pop or soda? Well, here we call it half off at our concession stand for the next fifteen minutes. And that is no joke."

Canned laughter and applause bounced around the chamber. It felt like something out of the corny sitcoms that William and his family used to watch.

As he went through the middle pathway, Gregory looks around, left and right, but he was unable to find William seated anywhere.

"Aren't parents the worst? Do any of you kids have parents? Don't you hate it when your parents take you somewhere fun then abandon you? They are all like: 'I guess if I dump little Jeremy off at his favourite pizzeria before I move to Aruba, that makes me a good parent.'"

"Boo." Gregory berates the robot comedian's one man show, "Get some better material."

The 'audience' doesn't listen to his criticism and keeps on cheering and clapping for the comedian. Gregory then looks away, still searching the area in front of him before looking behind him. He's paranoid, wondering where William will appear from.

"As you might have noticed, I am a robot. You know what the difference between humans and robots is? Humans 'wha wha, I am going to get old and die'. Robots are like 'I will outlive you all'."

"Hahahah" William's melodious but creepy chortle arose from the boy's right, "that's actually a good one".

"Ah!"