Chapter 4

So at the ending of the previous chapter I did a 8 year time skip(which is the present). So if you're wondering things like ages, pictures etc then just go back to the "Characters" chapter and you will see it.

Chapter 4,
"Where we are now."

January 4th, 2021
Tuesday
7:25 AM

January 4th, 2021Tuesday 7:25 AM

The Howard Family .

Dashon POV

"Mom! Dad!" I heard my little girls voices. It felt like they were jumping on the bed. Well they are jumping on the bed.

"Just give me and your dad a few minutes girls." I heard my wife drowsily say.

"But it's 7:25. The bus comes at 7:30 and y'all have to get ready for work." One of the twins said.

I opened my eyes immediately and jumped out of bed. I quickly put on my bedroom shoes.

"Come on girls, let me go with you to the bus stop and babe you need to get up. Both of us are already running late." I said.

I then walked outside with my daughters and waited on their bus to come.

Both of my girls are 8 years old now. It still feels like yesterday when I found out Lauren was pregnant with them. Besides us getting married, those were and still are the best and happiest moments of my life.

Me and Lauren stayed engaged for a year before getting married. When we got married both of our girls was 1 year old.

Not gonna lie, these past two years of our marriage have been hell. Things got so bad until recently we took a "break" which lasted for 10 months.

We made an agreement to just spend some time apart that's all. If the kids want to see me, she would get her momma or her daddy to bring them to me.

Her daddy was pissed off as always but I kinda ignored it because he doesn't know what goes on behind closed doors. Only thing he can do is assume or go by what she say.

10 months passed by and we decided we wanted to talk to each other. We talked everything out and got back together.

Now a month later we've been cool. That break really helped us out.

After waiting outside with the girls I came back inside once the school bus picked them up.

I went back inside and went upstairs to get ready for work. I spotted Lauren in the mirror. Checking out her outfit. She had some baggy clothes on.