Chapter 22

The next day

April 27th, 2021

Tuesday

9:00 AM

"Backstabbers"

Third Person POV

Penda is in the kitchen cooking breakfast. An omelette and cheese grits.. Lorenzo, Paradise and Dashon are all siting at the kitchen table waiting.

Lorenzo is in his live class while sitting at the kitchen table. They are making him sit at the kitchen table to keep him awake. So as you can guess, he regrets going to the movies last night.

Because this morning, he struggled to get up. His school doesn't require for cameras to be on so it would be easy for him to be in bed while in class but Penda nor Dashon will not allow that.

Paradise is on her tablet, playing learning games with her headphones in. And Dashon is surprisingly... reading a book. He wanted to do something different besides being on social media so he is reading a book. It's interesting too.

"Food is ready." Penda announced. Dashon closed his book and got up from the table. He sat his book down on a counter before fixing his own plate. Penda made Lorenzo fix his own plate to try and give him some energy.

But she did fix little Paradise's plate. Everyone sat there in silence as they ate. It wasn't awkward or anything but it was just one of those moments where nobody knew what to say.

Well, except Paradise..

"Shon, why don't you wike (like) regular grits?" The little girl curiously asked. Shon chuckled.

"Uh.. I don't know. I only tried regular grits once in my lifetime and I didn't like it because it tasted.. plain. Plus, I grew up on cheese grits so it's basically all I know." He explained.

"So you've tried it only once? At what age?" Penda questioned. "I think I was 11... 12, maybe?" He guessed. "Geez." Was all Lorenzo said.

"That's a long time. Especially since that's the first and only time you've ever tried something." Penda spoke. Dashon raised an eyebrow.

"What are y'all trying to say?" "That you need to try it again. I mean just hear me out, sometimes as we get older our tastebuds change. Right or wrong?" He nodded in agreement.

"Exactly. So you should try it again." She tried convincing him. "Maybe." He said. Still not too fond of the idea.

"Let's make a deal." Renzo suggested. "What kind of a deal, Renzo?" Dashon asked. "If I make AB honor roll this semester, you have to try regular grits." Lorenzo challenged.

"Nah, all A honor roll." Dashon rejected. "You are trying to make this hard..." said Lorenzo. "A challenge is a challenge. And I'm not participating in it unless we agree that you have to make all A honor roll." Dashon stated.

Lorenzo thought about it. I mean he is right, a challenge is a challenge. And sometimes it is good to challenge yourself. Lorenzo never challenged hisself to make all A honor roll. Whether he loses or wins this challenge, no one can ever say that he didn't try. So why not accept the challenge?

"I accept it." Lorenzo finally spoke. Dashon nodded. "Then we have a challenge." Said Dashon. Penda smiled. "I'm counting on you, Renzo." Penda told him.

"I am too." Paradise chimed in. "I got you both." Lorenzo promised.

The throuple...

Keisha and Lauren are sitting down on the couch, cuddled up and making out while Donald is in the shower. Lauren and Keisha were interrupted by a knock at the door. They jumped, being caught off guard. "Who's that?" Keisha asked.