Chapter 7

Chapter 7,
"Choices."

Previously on When I Met You...

"You real sad Lauren. I thought you was better than this. Then this whole time yo daddy been on my ass about treating you good all for you not to return the favor.." I brought up.

"Look, cry about it ok?" She said. "As I was saying..." I started. "You can do anything you want with your girlfriend and baby daddy but my daughters? Baby you ain't taking my daughters no where. Over my dead damn body." I warned.

"And how are you going to tell me?" She challenged. "Because, you might be their mother but I am their father. They are apart of me just like they're apart of you. I'm the parent. I have a say so about my kids too. You know that, right?" I reminded her.

She laughed. "I'm not about to argue with you Shon. I'm coming back for my kids and I meant that." She spoke. "Oh yeah? Well you gone have to go through hell before you get them because ain't no way I'm about to let you take my girls that easily." I threatened.

"Bring it on." She challenged then walked out the door.

This is gonna be a long day....

Still the same day.

Third person POV

After Lauren left, Penda got her kids out of bed and she cooked breakfast for everyone. Right now they are all at kitchen table eating.

Shes a damn good cook that's for sure. A better cook than Lauren and Lauren's food is always bussin.

"You should've been a chef." Shon tossed. She laughed and so did the kids. "Im being serious here. Y'all's mama can really cook." Shon said to her kids. "That's what I been trying to tell her. I don't know why she won't open up her own restaurant." Said her son.

"Speaking of restaurant.... That would be a good idea. Getting your fame up ain't a problem because you already have it so people will easily found out about it. And when people start tasting your food, they are going to come back for more because it's good. The people who come back for me will eventually spread it around to other people and encourage them to try it. You'll have a lot of business with this type of cooking Penda. Renzo is right." Shon admitted.

"Well thank you guys for your compliments and opinions but now is not the time. My main focus is on finding me a job so I can get finically stable and take care of you two little ones and that's it... Shon and Renzo, I hear you but it's too late for that." Penda shrugged.

"Mama you told me it's never too late." Renzo reminded her. "Right. You tell us that all of the time mommy." Paris chimed in. Penda sighed.

She did tell them that. She always told them that. She smiled a bit, it made her happy that her kids listened to her advice.

"I know guys but it depends on the circumstances. And these circumstances that mommy are facing right now ain't it." She tried reasoning.

Lorenzo looked between the two. His mother and Dashon. He felt like they needed to have a conversation, alone....

"Mama do you and D man- I meant Dashon- well... can I just call you D man? Every since I've found out about your name I been wanting to say D man for some odd reason.." Renzo asked.

"Yes, you can call me D man. Can I call you lil man?" Renzo thought about it.

"Wellllll you do allow me to call you D man so it's only fair that I allow you to call me lil man." He figured. Dashon nodded.