Chapter 13

The next morning....

Chapter 13,

"The truth & lies"

January 13th, 2021

Wednesday

7:00 PM

Dashon POV

I'm in the kitchen whipping it up. I'm cooking pancakes, sausages, eggs and bacon. Kind of a big meal huh? I'm cooking all this because for one, i know that my baby girls don't too much care for school food so they need something to hold them up until they get out of school.

And for two, Penda is in my bedroom peacefully sleep, so I want to surprise her with a good breakfast when she wakes up.

Plus, she never tasted my food before.. neither has her kids. That's right, speaking of her kids, we have to go pick her daughter up from her parents house at 10, then we have to go pick her son up from school around 3:00. Not even to mention the fact that her parents wants to meet me.

I know it's going to be tough, but I am willing to prove that I am not a clout chaser and that I'm really here to support her and her kids.

They moved in on January 4th.. meaning that they've been with me for two weeks going on three. Yet, I already have gotten attached to her and the kids. Not on any controlling or psycho type stuff but i dislike the thought of them moving out..

I have gotten so attached to the point where it lowkey will make me sad whenever they move.. Not saying that i will never see them again whenever they move, Im just going to miss seeing them everyday and I feel like my bond between Penda and the kids might not be the same since they are going to be doing their own thing.. that's all.

But then again, I want her to move. She needs to move. Because being dependent on a person can't be a good feeling. She deserves to be able to provide a roof over her children heads.

I know that'll make her children proud and it will definitely make her proud. All the bullshit she done put up with for these past two years, she's a strong woman. It's a good thing that she learned her worth and left that situation.

Anyways, after I got done cooking, I fixed my plate and my kids plates. After we ate I waited to the bus stop with them and made sure they got on the bus safely.

After doing all of that, I came inside the house. Penda is still sleep so that gives me the opportunity to bring her breakfast in bed.

Oh don't worry, the food is still fresh and hot. After fixing her plate, I entered into the master bedroom.

I spotted her peacefully asleep. "Pen-pen." I called out. She opened her eyes and smiled seeing me bring her breakfast.

I handed her the plate. "Here's breakfast." I told her. "Aw your so sweet." She said as she pecked me on the lips.

"Morning breath." I joked. "Oh shut up!" She said as we shared a laugh.

"You know this will be my first time trying your food." She reminded me. I nodded. "Yeah, I know. Try it." I said smiling with a lot of confidence.

She returned the smile as she took a bite of her pancake.

"Mmm" she moaned. "It's good right?" I teased, feeling good about myself. "Mhm." She answered.

"Try the bacon and eggs." I suggested. She proceeded to do so.

"Damnnn, you almost cook better than me." She praised. I laughed. "See now you just hyping me up." I told her.