Chapter 28

1 week later...

November 14th, 2022

"Don't Show Everybody Your Hand"

Monday

4:55 PM

Third Person's POV

Khalil is in his therapy session. When having therapy sessions, the therapist prefers for her and the child to have a one on one. But of course if the guardians insist on being in the room with them then the therapist has to allow it.

Khalil's grandmother on the other hand has no problem with not being in the room.

"So besides everything else, let's talk about your mom. How has everything been with her?" The therapist questioned in a gentle and sweet tone.

You have to do that when you're dealing with a person that's trying to cope. Especially a child.

"I guess she's good. I.. I actually get to see her today." He stated. The therapist raised an eyebrow. "Really?" He nodded with excitement.

"Okay. That's good Khalil. That's really good. Have you forgiven your mom for the situation with... your dad?" She asked him.

He's still a little kid that has a lot of love for his mom. So just because he's happy about finally being able to see her, that doesn't mean that he has 100% forgiven her.

"I really don't know. Sometimes I feel like I've forgiven her, and other times i am angry with her. Is that normal?" The little boy wondered.

"Yes, Khalil that is completely normal. In simpler terms one part of your heart forgives her and the other part does not." She explained.

"But... how is that possible?" He questioned.

"It's called a process. See, you can forgive somebody. But what they don't tell you is most of the time you're going to go through the process. And the process can sometime consist of feeling like you forgive them one day, and the next day you feel the opposite." She told him.

"It doesn't mean you're confused. It means that you are just in the process. If you feel any ounce of forgiveness, that means that you are getting over it. It might take a while but trust me, you are almost over it. Just keep in mind that it takes some people a very very long time to get over stuff while with others, they get over it quick. Everyone is different so don't try to force yourself to hurry up and forgive her. Just be patient and soon you'll be able to 100% forgive your mom without any anger in your heart. Okay?" He nodded.

As the therapist was about to say something else, the sound of her alarm going off interrupted the both of them. "Oh, session is over..." she said to herself as she hit the stop button on her phone so the noise can stop.

"Alright Khalil, let me walk you out." Said the therapist. Khalil stood up and let her lead the way. Angela was on the other side of the door so of course when they opened it they saw her.

Khalil walked over to his grandmother and stood beside her. "How was everything?" Angela questioned. "It was good. He's learning how to open up more and how to cope." The therapist informed. "Okay. Thank you Ms. Lowry." Angela thanked her. "Anytime. See you next Monday Khalil." Ms. Lowry said to Khalil.

"You too." Khalil replied. Ms Lowry smiled as Khalil and Angela walked away. As they walked away, she saw another one of her patients approaching her.

This time it was a 16 year old girl and her mother.

In prison...

Third Person POV

Dashon sat in his cell all by himself. He wasn't sleep but he had his eyes closed just day dreaming and manifesting. I mean when you're behind bars all day, what else can you do?