Chapter 20

Previously on When I Met You...

"I.. alright. Looks like ima have to do this now." He said. I raised an eyebrow. "Do what? What are you talking about!?" He got down on one knee, catching the kids attention and mine.

It's only a few people on the beach besides us and he caught their attention too. Of course people pulled out their phone.

He pulled out a ring. It's beautiful...

"Penda Henson, you are an amazing, beautiful, loyal woman and an awesome mother. You showed me the amount of love that I didn't even know was possible. You brought out a different side of me. There is no woman on this earth who I want to spend the rest of my life with except for you. So in other words, will you marry me?"

I'm surprised... shocked.. I can't believe this is real. What do I say? He's a good man but we've only been dating for a few months.

The Same Day..

April 25th, 2021

"A Different Side Of You."

Penda POV
I stood there with my mouth slightly hung open at a lost for words. I didn't know what to say.

"Before you say anything, just know that whatever decision you make, I respect it." He assured me.

"So what's it gonna be?" He questioned.

I trust Dashon 100% with my kids so.. why not marry him. I'm just nervous and scared but sometimes you have to take a risk, right?

"I'm nervous... I am.. but I trust you so, yes." He couldn't hide the big smile on his face. I stuck my left hand out and he placed the ring on my finger.

He stood up. "I love you fiancée." He said leaning in for a kiss. "I love you too." I replied as our lips finally touched each others.

We had a small little make out session. Not too intense or too long.

The kids are happy about everything, the other people on the beach gave their congratulations and we went home on a happy note.

I feel happy, kind of nervous and relieved. Y'all know the answer as to why I'm happy and nervous.. but you might want to know why am I relieved? Because I thought the worst when Dashon left me this morning without telling me where he is going.

Now I know that things weren't what I thought they was. Now I know that he had good intentions the whole time and was planning all this for me.

After he proposed, we took some pictures. Mind you, I never posted on instagram before.

Later own that night, me and Dashon laid in bed going through the photos.

"That's my favorite out of all of them." He opinionated. "Yeah, mines too." I agreed with him. "I'm about to post these. What you think?" I asked for his opinion.

"You sure you want to deal with all the media pressure babe? Because that's gone break the internet right there." He warned me.

"I don't care. You're my soon to be husband so the world should know." I told him. He smiled. "Fine, post it. Share it with me so it can be on my page too." He said. "Okay babe." I replied.

It was silence in the bedroom. After posting our photos on ALL of my social media including: Facebook, Instagram & Twitter, Dashon finally said something.

"How long do you want this engagement to last, baby?" He said it in such a sexy voice. I love this man. "Between 3-6 months." I answered, he nodded.

"Okay, big wedding or small?" "Doesn't really matter but.. I do want to go on a honeymoon." I told him. "Bet, I got you." He said.