[23] family

JENNIFER'S POV

"I don't know where she could be." It's been four days since the ball, four days since Malachi was brought down, four days since we were saved, all of us, but Anna. We were in the hospital, the doctors said we would have to stay for a couple days to make sure everything was okay with all of us. Hayley, had a broken arm, ribs, and severely brusied body, all from that night with Malachi, the night Anna was taken away from us.

Our families had been contacted, Anna would have wanted to be here with us. Anna should have been here to see this.

"Girls?" Dr Bennett called, "your families will be here shortly."

"Thank you, Doctor." Theo smiled, the summer's hadn't left our side, we didn't know where Anna was, but we weren't gonna give up, never. She never gave up on us, we'll never give up on her.

"What if they don't want us anymore." Hayley whispered, tears clouded her blue eyes. She was scared, we all were. This was the first time we were gonna see our families in years. Anna was our vocie of reason, and she wasn't here.

None of us spoke, we were all feeling the same, so how could we turn around and tell Hayley not to think that, when we couldn't oursleves. "Don't say that Hayley, I'm more than postive that they missed you like crazy, your their kid, their daughter, sister." Alex smiled at hayley, as he crouched infront of her, taking her small hands in his, "trust me Hayley, they'll love you."

"You promise?" Hayley small vocie asked, "I promise." Alex's whisper just as soft.

Amy giggled, a sound you wouldn't expect in our situation, "what's so funny bubs?" Katherine smiled, watching as Amy just giggled until she was crying from laughter.

"It's just Anna's not here, but but, Alex sounds exacly like her." Anna was our glue, but Alex was his families glue. When we couldn't think of a reason to smile, they did. "She would have wanted to be here."

"She should be here." and it's true, Anna should be here.

There was a soft knock at the door before doctor Bennett's could be seen, "they're here, do you want me to bring them up?"

"Yes, please." I spoke before anyone could chicken out. The doctor smiled before disappereny again.

"Like Vanessa would say," Kat smiled.

"We got this." we mubbled, as the door open once again, Dr Bennett walked in followed by our families.

"Mummy?" Hayley called out, a lady with the same wavy blond hair, Hayley's mum. "Hi baby girl." within a second Hayley was out of her seat and in this lady's arms, as tears of joy left her mothers eyes, "I'm here baby, I'm here."

"Kat?" A boy around a year or two older than Katherine called out, "Kit-Kat?"

"Hey Sammy" Kat hugged the boy, with ginger locks just as dark and fisty as Katherine's. "Mum, dad." Katherine called to the two parent standing slightly back from them, Katherine was a spilting image of her mother, it was kinda scary.

"Amy? Hunny?" A sweet looking lady smiled, pulling Amy into her arms, joined by another man, her father, "Oh my, look at you!"

"Mummy, Daddy." Amy cried hugging her parent, "I missed you guys."

"Jenny?" My head shot up at my name, there stood a man about 6'2, my father. He looked alot like I remembered, only older, his hair had a salt and pepper look to it, but his eyes were just as brown as I remebered, next to him, my mother, she smiled, and my heart broke. Nine years I went without seeing that smile, "Mum, Dad?"

~~~

"So Katherine?" Sam smiled, it was now 4:30pm we all been sitting and talking, getting to know everyone again, the summers had left to give us some time with our families before coming back, we still had to help them find Anna. "This is what you've been up to for the last 10 years, hanging around Riverhead?"

"No, we've lived in a couple different towns, Malachi had some buiness around here a couple months ago, so we moved back." With the mention of Malachi's name, all the parent looked livid, they hated him clearly, with good reason. If someone kidnapped my kids, I hate them too.

It was a little funny seeing all my sister, with their families. Katherine had an older brother Sam, and her parents Lola and James, they were sweet, Katherine fit in nicely with them. Than Amy was an only child, her parents Tess and John, they were so nice, I think they said they were teacher at some piramy school a few towns over. Hayley had two brothers Jack who was 12 and Thomas was 10, they all had the same shade of blonde hair they'd gotten from their mother Rose. Than there was me, my parents Mathew and Harper Cook, my twin sisters Olivia and Matilda they were 18.

"I wish Anna was here," Amy soundly said, "She should be here."

"I know Ams," Kat smiled, "She'll be okay, when isn't she okay, we'll see her soon."

"It's Anna, she'll fight tooth and nail to see us, to make sure we're okay." Hayley laughed, she was right, Anna would fight to see us again, but that wouldn't stop us from looking for her.

"We'll find her, Amy." Jonathan smiled, "we will find her."

We had to find her, we had to make sure she was okay this time.

"What was it like," Olivia asked, "with Malachi?" I never really liked lying, so I don't know how I was meant to answer that question without breaking everyone's hearts here, luckly I didn't have too, Katherine beat me to it.

"Hell." Was all that left her mouth, and for a second I thought that was all she was gonna say, "but we had each other, we had Anna, Anna was like our big sister, our glue, she held us together, even after everything happened she was always there for us."

"Vanessa, god." Hayley cried, "she should be here too."

"Now Ness should be here, out of all of us." Amy laughed, "Vanessa didn't even get a chance to know her family. The only family she knew was us, and we let her down."

"We didn't let her down, Amy get that out of your head." I smiled, "she'd be so happy that we're safe, Ness didn't stand a chance Amy, Malachi planned for her to die from the start."

"What kind of sick fuck, kills his own daughter."

"Hayley Marie, don't swear." I yelled, god how many time did we tell them off about swearing.

"What? It's true, he killed his girlfriend the mother of his kid, than killed his daughter, Annabelle's his niece! he didn't show the family he created mercy, why should we think he wouldn't have killed Anna already!"

"Because Hayley if he was gonna kill Anna he would have already, we all know he had so many chances before, and everytime he made sure she was still alive, no matter what he did."

"He doesn't care about anyone but himself, but he's not stupid enough to believe he'd get her, if her killed Anna."

~~~

Hey Guys!

What's everyone's thoughts so far??

28/3/2022