09ᴺᵉʷ ᴬˡˡʸ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟗

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟗

"ᴴᵒʷ ᶜᵃⁿ ʸᵒᵘ ᵇᵉ ˢᵒ ᵐᵉᵃⁿ ᵗᵒ ˢᵘᶜʰ ᵃ ᶜᵘᵗᵉ ᵍⁱʳˡ."

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

During their extremely long walk, they encountered an injured dinosaur. Then heard grumbling through the grass. All them ran to hide behind an abandoned sphere in fear.

They all peeked their head out in hearing low soft grunts, as if the dinosaur were small.

Ben ran out first, "Bumpy!" He kneeled down to hug the little dino.

Kenji walked forward to them. "How do you even know that's the same dinosaur?"

"Her big head bump." Ben moved from the hug to look at Bumpy. "Dr. Wu said she's asymmetrical, but he's wrong that it's bad. And so what if she is asymmetrical?"

Violet walked over to Ben and kneeled beside him. Slowly moving her hand to Bumpy. "She's cute."

Sadly to Ben, they had to leave Bumpy behind. Bumpy was too slow for them. They started walking towards the lab, the only area that was the closest to them.

Yasmina held up a big leaf to let Sammy walk under. She looked at Violet who was walking backwards, talking to Brooklynn. When Violet was close enough, Yasmina let go of the leaf, letting it smack the back of Violet's head.

Violet pulled her hand up to the back of her head with a grunt as she turned around to see Yasmina walking forward. "Okay, I kinda deserved that."

Brooklynn chuckled as she continued to walk beside Violet. "Thought you two were close?"

Violet continued looking forward at the trees. "Us?" She then looked at Yasmina who continued walking beside Sammy. "We're not really close. We've just had a few friendly conversations."

All the way in the back was Ben discreetly dragging Bumpy with them. The group stopped walking, all of them looking at Ben when they realized he wasn't with them.

"How's it hangin'...dudes?" Ben made his hands into finger guns as he stood in front of the bush.

Darius looked at the bush just behind Ben. "Ben, are you hiding Bumpy in that bush?"

They could all hear Bumpy in the bush with her bellowing and grunts.

Ben looked down at the bush. "Nope. That could be anything. The jungle makes all sorts of weird noises." Bumpy ran out the bush, knocking Ben over. "How did she get here?" Ben looked at them, acting clueless.

"We don't have time for this!" Yasmina pointed at Ben and his dinosaur. "There are dinosaurs eating people out here, and Bumpy can't keep up!"

Violet lightly put her hand on Yasminas shoulder, "How can you be so mean to such a cute girl."

Bumpy turned around and looked at Violet with the tail slightly wagging.

"She can move faster." Ben got up from beside Bumpy. "Ankylosauruses run fast. Right, Darius?"

Darius moved forward, examining Bumpy, ""When they're fully grown, maybe, but she's just..."

That was when Bumpy dropped to the ground, snoring.

Kenji took a step forward, looking down at Bumpy then to Ben. "Wow! Yeah, total speed demon. Say goodbye Ben."

Violet watched the small dinosaur sleep, "And she's out. It was worth a try Ben, even I was on board."

"No." Ben stomps up from the ground. "You say hello, because she is coming with us!"

Brooklynn turned around, tired. "Ben, you're not thinking this through. Bumpys too slow."

"Then...then." Ben looked around. "We'll put her in the van."

"What van?" Sammy asked.

"That one!" Ben pointed at the van.

Violet turned to see a van not too far from them. "Why are you just saying this now?"

"I-I didn't see it till now." Ben quickly told her while looking away from the van.

They all made their way to the van, opening the back. Brooklynn ran to get the tablet that was in the back. All of them went into the backseat, looking over the tablet.

Bumpy started roaring, getting scared. Then they heard a louder roar that didn't seem too far.

Everyone quickly strapped their buckles on.

Violet slowly looked up and so did everyone else in realization. No one took the driver seat.

Kenji unbuckled his seatbelt first, he had his learners permit. He jumped over the seat and towards the driver seat with Violet following after on the passenger side. "Hands at ten and two-"

"Kenji, hurry up!"

Kenji slammed his foot on the gas pedal, making them take off...backwards.

Without giving Kenji the chance to fix his mistake, Violet hurried to move her hand on the stick that had them in reverse, allowing them to go forward instead.

"It's gaining! Go faster!" Sammy shouted from the backseat trying not to look at the dinosaur that was gaining on them.

Yasmina looked over his shoulder. "You're in the wrong gear!"

"Well, how do I shift gears?" Kenji nervously shouted while glancing at Violet for help.

Violet looked away from Kenji with a nervous laugh. "Don't look at me. I just came up here 'cause it's cramped back there."

"It's coming!"

"Step on that thing!"

"Zipzag!"

"Are you signaling?" Brooklynn asked after hearing the blinkers blinking. Violet turned her head to listen to the van. Brooklyn was right, he was signaling.

Kenji shouted back at them all. "Can everyone not yell at me while I'm saving our lives?"

Yasmina leaned over the seat, moving the wheel to make them turn.

The dinosaur was way too close but they only escaped because the van went down a hill and crashed onto a tree.

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━