13ᵀʰᵉ ᶠᵃˡˡᵉⁿ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑

"ᴵ'ᵛᵉ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ⁿᵒᵗ ʷᵃⁿᵗᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ ᵃᵗᵗʳᵃᶜᵗⁱᵛᵉ ᵗʰⁱˢ ᵐᵘᶜʰ ⁱⁿ ᵐʸ ˡⁱᶠᵉ"

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

The train suddenly shook, making them feel the slight impact. Iit sounded like an explosion had come from somewhere in the camp near them.

Violet kept her grip on the back of her seat as she looked outside. Though you could hardly see anything because it was pitch dark out. Even though they seemed safe up in the train, the possibilities were endless of what could happen.

"I don't think it was near us." Darius turned around, trying to keep hope. "We're okay. We're still okay."

The hope that everyone previously had has now shattered.

Sammy tried to cheer everyone up, saying how at least they'll leave with new friends. Everyone else though didn't think the same as her. Each of them were different and thrown in at random. They all lived apart too, in different areas of their hometowns. Even if they made it out the chances of them meeting each other again were slim.

Violet laid on the seats with her foot near the window, resting on the other seat beside her. This was one of their chances that they hadn't had to constantly run and she definitely needed to lay down even if it wasn't the most comfortable. It felt good to just rest and relax but her mind was elsewhere, worrying about everything. If the dinosaurs didn't get them then maybe the train will explode? It was like the world was against them. They were all just kids and they were stuck on an island full of dinosaurs that escaped.

Darius turned his head towards the window, looking at the darkness beneath them. "My whole life, I had this idea of Jurassic world. My dad used to say this place was All-osaurus and a bag of chips. He was so corny."

"Uhm...was?" Ben looked over to the side at Darius. "So, your dad is..."

After understanding that Darius father had passed everyone was quiet, more quiet then they were before.

"I'm sorry, Darius." Sammy told him then felt bad and fixed herself. "Ugh! Sorry, nice one, Sammy, ya ding-dong!"

"It's okay." Darius looked over his shoulder to glance at Sammy.

Violet looked away from the window, leaving her hands to rest behind her head. "So being a dino expert runs the family." She tried to lighten up his mood but didn't know how.

"Yeah." Darius sadly smiled thinking about him. "I learned from the best."

"Hey, at least your dad never saw what a dumpster fire this place turned out to be, huh?" Kenji also tried to help Darius feel better but was shoved by Yasmina. "Ow! What?" He turned to look down at Yasmina who was sitting. "I meant it's cool that Darius and his dad were so close. I can count on one hand the number of times me and my dad have done...anything."