15ᴬ ᴴᵉˡᵖⁱⁿᵍ ᴴᵃⁿᵈ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟓

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟓

"ᴱᵛᵉʳʸᵇᵒᵈʸ ʳᵉˡⁱᵉˢ ᵒⁿ ᵐᵉ."

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

Yasmina had hurt her ankle even more after getting into an argument with Kenji. He carried her on his back but then they got into another argument. Now she sat on the ground by a boulder, not wanting his help anymore.

"Yaz? Come on." Kenji kneeled beside her, trying to help her. He felt responsible, she was trying to help gather resources while he was trying to rest.

Yasmina went to wipe her watered eyes. "I'm the track star. The person my coaches, my team everybody relies on me...but with Violet, we relied on each other. Even though I tried my hardest to not to. I found myself able to rely on her. But now I'm not the one everyone can rely on and then there's the whole, Violet and Ben aren't here which just makes things even worse. And if i'm not strong anymore then what good am I?"

"What good are any of us on our own?" Kenji looked over at Yasmina with sympathy for her and for himself, everyone. "I mean, I don't know one scary dinosaur from the next, but I am-"

Yasmina opened one eye to continue his sentence. "Lazy? Entitled? Basically hopeless?"

"I was going to say the charming glue that keeps us campers together." Kenji held his chest with a smile. He smiled as Yasmina chuckled. "I'm also someone who knows when the best thing to do isn't push yourself so hard, you collapse. Let someone else do the work for a change, Yaz."

"Like who?" Yasmina looked up at him, knowing what would come next.

Kenji sighed as he realized what he had to do. He carried her on his back to their camp. "Don't get used to this."

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

Violet watched as Bumpy started walking away, going through the bushes. She turned to her shoulder, looking at Bullet. "Guess we're going on an adventure. Do you want to go?" Bullet just stared at her as it tilted its head. "That's a yes...Right?" Violet nodded to herself as she followed Bumpy. "Yeah, it was a yes."

"Bumpy, where are you taking me?" Violet had been following her for quite some time now and didn't know where she was going.

Being alone in the jungle, well not entirely alone, Violet had Bullet with her. But being alone in the jungle made Violet see and learn a lot of things. She learned more survival skills than she already knew. If she didn't have Bullet with her, she honestly thinks that she'd probably go insane, more than she already has.

"Bumpy! Bumpy!" A voice called out from the distance that made Bumpy start running toward it. "Where did you go?"

Violet widened her eyes at the voice. "Ben!?" Then a wide smile appeared on her face. Her feet started to run after Bumpy, running past her as she sent Bumpy a wink. "See you, loser." Then her face met the ground, she had tripped over a vine. This let Bumpy run past Violet. Part of her could have sworn she heard Bumpy laugh.

Violet put her arms out in a pushup position to push her body up. "I didn't mean it Bumpy. It was a figure of speech."

"Violet?" Ben had a wide smile on his face in seeing the two.

Violet looked up from the ground to see Ben standing up, looking down at her. Her smile widened, "Ben." Then her eyes widened at his new appearance. "You look so different-in a good way." She quickly got up from the ground.

"And you only have one shoe. That's very unsanitary." It's a good thing that Violet preferred wearing black socks over white. She only used water to keep her clothes clean, which she did one at a time.

The two instantly went to hug each other.

"How?" The two now pulled away from the hug but held each other's arms. "You're alive?" They both said at the same time. They went to hug again, still trying to let things sink.

"Have you seen the others?"

"Where's everyone else?"

After hearing the two ask similar questions they burst out laughing. They knew that they were both separated from their friends.

Violet breathed out with a big smile. "You don't know how great it is to see you."

"I know exactly how you feel." Ben mirrored her smile then it slowly faded. "It was so lonely. Bumpy must have smelled you nearby and left to get you." His eyes then widened, looking behind her

Violet turned around to see Bullet walk out the bush which made Ben point his stick at it while running. Violet quickly ran in front of Ben, grabbing the stick that was aimed at Bullet. "He's with me." She put on a forced friendly smile. "A friend."

Ben looked at the compy that just jumped up onto Violet's shoulder. "A compy? By itself? And it didn't attack you?"

Violet lifted her hand out to pet the compy. "Yeah, I think he may have been left behind when he got injured but he's all better now. Bullet is also-"

"The smallest compy i've ever seen." Ben leaned forward, analyzing the compy.

The two talked all day long, from sun to night fall. They didn't give their voices a rest. No way were they going to keep quiet after having been away from human interaction. They spent the next few days together which then turned into weeks. But the best part was that they weren't alone anymore.

Ben told her how he made a little fort but Bumpy slept in his bed. While Violet told him that for the first few nights she just laid on the ground, not knowing what to do. Then she went on a boulder which sometimes burned her leg since Violet wore black short pants similar to Ben's except her's were expensive and had more fashion to it. There was also a time when she got bored and sat on a log that was in the water. She tipped over and fell into the water which was her fault.

They started talking about their food source. Ben and Bumpy had found berries, the good ones. Violet showed him the leaves that were edible and then moss which wasn't tasty but that didn't affect Ben because his snack bars probably tasted the same.

Ben quickly looked up at her in remembering one of the cool things. "I even went up against a dinosaur, Toro and I defeated em."

"No way. That's sick. Toro? You actually took Toro down?" Violet looked at him with an amazed smile. "I went up against a dinosaur too but nothing like Toro. Bullet and I just chased after it." Violet smiled at the memory as she lifted both sticks up. "I was yelling at it while running around with these...I went pretty insane." She awkwardly laughed while looking away.

Ben looked away too, mirroring her laugh. "I did too, in the beginning...but now I'm just glad I have someone to talk with now."

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

A/N

Chapter 17 is where it is though