16ᴹʸ ˢʰᵒᵉ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔

"ᴵ'ˡˡ ᵍʳᵃᵇ ʰⁱˢ ˡᵉᵍˢ. ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵉᵗ ʰⁱˢ ʰᵃⁿᵈˢ."

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

The two kids were walking around in the jungle for some time now. Most days they made it a habit to explore more of the island and this was one of those days.

"Okay, so." Violet continued to walk forward, chatting with Ben. "If you had to run into anyone before me, who would you choose?"

Ben looked forward in thought with a hand under his chin. "Maybe...Darius? He knows a lot about dinosaurs and I don't need to hide behind Kenji anymore." He then turned to look at her. "I already know who you would choose."

"What?" Violet turned to look at him. "Who?"

Ben raised one brow at her, "Yasmina." He read her look of confusion. "Every little thing reminds you of her."

"No...not everything." Violet looked up, trying to think of the others but now her mind immediately thought of Yasmina. She tried to keep thinking of the others too. "Our superstar, Brooklynn. How about her? Think about it, she knows everything, she has to know about survival too...or Kenji. I could have chosen him too. He's my best friend."

Ben had a thought go through his head which made him question her. "You already knew the basics of survival, so Brooklynn is out."

"Honestly...my first choice was Yaz..." Violet glanced down as she kept walking. "But I wouldn't want her to be all the way separated from the group with how her ankle was." She then looked at him. "Do you think her ankle is still-"

Ben nodded, "I knew it."

Violet snapped her head at Ben, wondering- "Knew what? How-"

"I listen, Violet." Ben softly smiled at her. "I may have been in the background but I listened and watched. Especially when Sammy was rooting for you two to be friends. She talked about it a lot. Plus the night when we built a fire and Bullet snatched the fish. I came down to the conclusion. You favor Yasmina over the others like how I favor Darius."

"Ha" Violet widely smiled. "I knew it-"

The two immediately stopped talking and froze to look at each other upon hearing strange voices. They both knew to be quiet without having to tell eachother. They creeped behind a tree and started eavesdropping on the voices they heard.

It was three adults talking about some kids...and the only kids that were on the island were their friends.

After doing more investigating they found themselves in front of Kenji and Brooklynn who were previously cornered by one of the adults. But Ben had whacked him unconscious.

Currently, Kenji and Brooklynn were starring at the two like they had seen a ghost. They were breathless and speechless, not moving at all, staying frozen.