20ᶜᵃᵐᵖ ᶠᵃᵐ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟎

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟎

"ᵀʰⁱⁿᵏ ⁿᵒᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ ᵒᶠ ⁱᵗ, ᵏⁱᵈ."

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

Kenji gasped at the t.rex, turning the dirtbike around to drive away. Ben gave a hand to Sammy, helping her up onto Bumpy. Violet redirected the quad, ready to leave until she saw the truck not moving.

"Yaz." Sammy shouted out, seeing the truck stay too.

Violet glanced at Sammy and Ben who slowed down. "Go!" She told the two as she drove the quad closer to the truck. The door hurried to open while Violet held her hand out, grabbing onto Yasminas. "I got you." Yasmina jumped out while Violet pulled her towards herself, helping her onto the back of the quad. They all hurried to get past the herd and away from the t.rex.

They had been on the quad for some time now.

"Are they gone?" Violet whispered out as she kept her eyes forward.

Yasmina looked forward, resting her head on Violet's back as her hands wrapped around Violet's waist. "They've been gone for a while."

"Why did you tell me?" Violet whispered loudly now. "I've been holding my breath for hours."

Yasmina rolled her eyes, speaking sarcastically. "Oh, you didn't notice how all the dinosaur roars weren't around us anymore."

"That's why I was being quiet." Violet still was speaking in a loud whispered tone. "It got quiet. Felt like I was being hunted down."

Yasmina sighed, lifting her head up to look at the girl. "You can stop whispering now."

Violet looked forward as she continued to drive to the location they were supposed to meet at. "Right." Now she spoke in a normal speaking tone.

Yasmina kept her arms warped around the girl in front of her. "I still can't believe you're alive...it doesn't feel real."

"What do you mean?" Violet softly smiled. "I'm right here, driving a quad in my own flesh. Luckily I'm not Kenji, otherwise we would have crashed by now."

Yasmina chuckled as she then held onto Violet a bit more, tugging on her. She turned to look at the side of Violet's face, then at her eyes, leaning a bit closer to her. "It just feels...too good to be true. You know?"

Violet turned her head to speak to Yasmina but when she did their faces were a bit close. She could feel the breath that was near her ear. Their eyes met as Violet's eyes unconsciously glanced down at Yasmina's lips as did the other girl and they met once again. Violet felt herself wanting to lean closer until her arms jolted, making her turn back to look at the front. She hurried to turn the handles to not drive into the boulder just a few feet in front of them. They had driven over a big branch on the ground.

"Well, I'm right here." Violet spoke out, not daring to turn her head anywhere but forward. "And hopefully we have time to talk or hang or you know, just whatever, without running for our lives."

Yasmina had a small smile as she looked at Violet's back, letting herself rest on the back again until they made it to their destination.

By the time they all made it to where the boat was supposed to be it was daytime.

Kenji slowly drove the motorcycle, hopping off as it drove into the wall. He fell to the ground, exhausted and motion sickness from the ride. Darius and Brooklynn walked to him with smiles and laughter as they helped him.

Ben and Sammy joined them on Bumpy, cheering as they jumped off.

Violet stopped the quad near them as she and Yasmina got off of it, joining their cheers and group hug.

Ben stood still, seeing Darius. "Hey."

Darius froze and pulled Ben into a tight hug. "I'm sorry. I tried to hold on."

"Think nothing of it, kid." Ben hugged him back. "When you've seen what I've seen...I missed you, guys, too."

Darius slowly looked up in realization of what Ben had said, "Did...did you just call me kid?"

"I see, you've got favorites, Darius." Violet walked up behind Darius with a smile.

Darius quickly turned around with wide eyes at the voice. "Violet." He gave her a huge hug too which made her laugh.

This was followed by everyone else joining the hug turning into a group hug. They soon pulled away with laughs and cheers of being fully reunited while not running for their lives.

"So...what now?" Kenji asked them all, looking in the direction of where the boat was supposed to be. "Try to find another distress beacon?"

"No." Darius looked at them all. "We're done waiting for someone to rescue us. It's time we found our own way off the island."

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

A/N

Maybe if things weren't so rocky they would have had more of a moment