𝟏𝟑 | 𝐁𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐇𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐭

        𝐌𝐑𝐒

𝐌𝐑𝐒. 𝐂𝐀𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐑𝐀 𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐔𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐄. One lady was faxing papers while a man sat behind his computer playing solitaire.

"Deena, you can take a seat anywhere you like while I bring in your guardian to meet with the principal and put together your paperwork." She motioned toward the seating area and for Rebekah to follow behind.

Deena sat next to two students in ruffled clothing. One of them held an ice pack under their eye while the other kept side-eyeing, slouched in her chair with her backpack under the seat, hair all messed up and frizzy. She sat for what seemed like a short amount of time — Rebekah and Mrs.Cabrera literally walked in and out within five minutes or less. Did she actually know the principal? Or was it compulsion again?

Given the mischievous grin on Rebekah's face as she exited the Principal's office, it's safe to say she used compulsion again.

"It'll just take a moment while we finalize your application. Then we can print out a schedule close enough to your old one." Said Mrs.Cabrera while handing the male teacher behind his desk a paper of information regarding Deena's old school. "Since it's your first day we'll let it slide and allow you to wear your clothes. However, a properly worn uniform — which will be given to you and bought on our school's website — is mandatory. If you fail to wear anything else but your uniform, will lead to points off, after school duties, detention, then suspension."

Mrs.Cabrera left to check if they had any more uniforms for Deena to take home and begin wearing the second day she comes back — if she comes back. By the time she returned, Deena's mocked schedule was finished, as well as a newly fresh uniform being handed to her. Rebekah took the uniform instead.

"You're in luck because we have another uniform your size in stock. And your schedule is finished — oh, Quinn, just on time!" Mrs.Cabrera signaled the girl who entered the Guidance Office with a stack of papers to drop off.

Deena immediately thought she was pretty as they met face to face. She was tall and slim and very rich given the subtle jewelry made of diamonds worn around her neck, her wrist, and on her ears. Its' glint almost blinded Deena when her earrings caught the sun. She followed her finger along the fuzzy pearl hair clip of her 16inch silk press tugged behind her ears, sighing inwardly when she recognized Mrs.Cabrera's voice.