𝟓𝟑 | 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞

        "𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐌𝐘 𝐅𝐀𝐕𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐘

"𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐌𝐘 𝐅𝐀𝐕𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐘." Aunt Freya mused, after waking Deena at two in the morning and dressing themselves in floor-length white gowns. "Back when I was under Dahlia's care, I slipped away one night and ventured deep into the unforbidden woods. Following the presence of magic, I discovered a circle of witches bathing under the full-blood moon giving thanks to a spirit who protects their land, loved ones, and their magic for centuries to come. Hour Of The Night, they called it. I was happy to be there, to see new faces other than my aunt, and to learn the true meaning of community even with religion involved. It was the most fun I had in years. Of course, never topping the year I awoke in the rise of the Roaring Twenties. But every year on this day, during the year I awaken, I perform these rituals to keep the tradition alive. Traditions I now wish to share with my beautiful niece."

As tired as she was, Deena looked forward to her aunt's peculiar traditions worshipping a nameless spirit. She grew up without religion but knew her mother was raised with aspects of Christianity that was never practiced given their views clashed with their usage of blood magic. As her mother usually said, 'You can be a good person without religion backing your actions and commit sins worse of the worse while finding lines between religion to redeem your worth'.

"Normally, we'd be outside in the woods around a large fire to dance around and fornicate dosed in goat's blood. Or I believe it was sheep's blood? I never asked." Her aunt explained while creating a barrier for the fire to burn without burning down the house or suffocating its toxic fumes.

Deena eyed her questionably, especially about the fornicating part that took her by surprise. "Umm okay?" Was all she could manage with exhaustion heavy over her head.

"However, the wolves are out tonight. We still aren't safe with Lucien out and about. You're my niece which by many laws would put me behind bars. And we're using snake's blood instead. Lots of them. How does that sound?"

She placed a crooked headband uniquely crafted out of twigs and decorated with real flowers on Deena's head. Jagged points cut into her forehead. A perfect fit since her ginger hair was braided down into two braids. Then placed one on her head, snugging it tight even if it drew blood and flattened her wild blonde hair. Instead of her usual slick look, a messy bob shaped her narrow face with stringy bangs cut short above her thin brows. She was going for a more modern look but nothing on her was modern.