𝟑𝟏 | 𝐀 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐧 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝

      𝐀 𝐒𝐈𝐏 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐊𝐄𝐘 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐊𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐒'𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐓

𝐀 𝐒𝐈𝐏 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐊𝐄𝐘 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐊𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐒'𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐓. Then a stressful hand brushed through his dirty blond curls as he peered down toward Vanessa's desiccated body. When times were difficult, when he was in need of passing by the day, or when missing the delicate features of her face, he'd find himself wandering along the dusty stairs of the basement, behind a hidden room where she had been lying in his coffin for the past year.

        He did nothing special besides bore her incomprehensible ears with stories of his growth forming a relationship with his daughter, or rant to her the problems that bothered him most. Vanessa had always been an easy person to talk to. There was this calming aura emanating and warm about her that had Klaus spilling his deepest sentiments. And she'd never judge his perspective — as harshly — but rather listened and understood where he was coming from.

        Because of that, desperate to hear her voice once again and for her to look at him with those deep brown eyes, Klaus was tempted to rip open a blood bag and pour droplets along her dry lips.

        Of course, he stopped himself before pulling through with the intrusive idea. Hesitant for good reason. If she awakens, there was no doubt to believe she won't take Deena from him and ruin what he selfishly didn't want to lose. He had already missed the beginning years of her life and promised himself he wouldn't miss any more years to come.

        Klaus wasn't an insensitive monster, at least toward Deena he wasn't nor did he wish it true. But deep down in that dark soul of his were his wrongdoings he refused to acknowledge; lying to his daughter's face each time she brought up her mother, lingered on very little hope she would one day return. Expressing his receptivity whenever she expressed the need for her mother. And then forced vampirism upon Vanessa who begged to reason, now held hostage peacefully resting beneath their feet.

        If not a pain in the ass, Klaus had to suffer his sibling's judgment against his brash actions rather than thanking him for another enemy's been put down. Rebekah walked away. Freya tried to reason, having not been raised by her own mother, which should have been a blessing in disguise as Esther was no better. And Elijah, disappointed enough, couldn't look at his own brother and left him with chilling words;