𝟏𝟗 | 𝐀𝐫𝐤𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐬 (𝟏/𝟐)

        𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐑

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐑. Its emptiness was the first that caught Deena's attention as they entered the building. Tables of half-eaten and now spoiled meals soured her sensitive nose, and strangely, there was no waitress present to clean up the mess. At least not one in sight.

Elijah stood from his seat at the sight of his family. "Deena, tu es en sécurité (you're safe). Sister, you've made it." Without warning, he hugged Deena as if his life depended on it. Despite the strange smell lingering about, she hugged him back and took her seat when he greeted Rebekah with a hug too.

The drive to wherever they were took up half the day excluding pit stops. They made the most of their Girls Away From Home Road-Trip, and Rebekah kept her promise. They'd scouted the crowd of families for a victim when stopping for breakfast earlier in the day, landing eyes on a lone truck driver. Since you're not fast on your feet like vampires, don't make it obvious to your victim that you're watching them unless you're like me and don't care, Rebekah advised as though Deena was to feast on him too.

When the truck driver paid for his meal and headed to his truck parked from other cars, was when Rebekah grabbed him by the back of his neck, pinned him to the truck and compelled him to remain calm. Then she let him go, motioning her head for Deena to try and compel him. She'd never compelled someone before nor did she know where to start or what to say. But her aunt gave a few pointers and with some practice, attempted to compel the man to give her twenty dollars. Rebekah then teased her about the command, that she could've made him do anything and chose such an amateur choice. So she'd tried again. This time he was to go in the restaurant and rob them.

But as it turned out, Deena was unable to compel the man or her aunt. Neither was Rebekah able to compel her. Which was a weird experience; feeling the need to obey but could easily refuse it. So much for being part vampire. Rebekah then made a snarky comment about not wasting her meals or it'll be bad luck and quenched her thirst while Deena headed for the car not wanting to witness her in action.