𝟐𝟕 | 𝐀 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐘𝐨𝐮

        𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓'𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐋𝐋 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍

        The one night every month when the Crescent Wolves were human again. When they're able to physically hug their loved ones and communicate with words rather than wolf-like sounds, endless howling, and mind-linking images. Rather than sulk in their defeat and the life they're missing out on or searching for hope to reverse the spell which bounded them to the moon; they partied all night. Lit up countless bonfires, passed out some drinks, grilled up some food, put some music on, and enjoyed what limited time they had.

        Because of obvious reasons, Deena hung with Erik in a small secluded area that was near the bonfires to hear the music, but not close enough to feel their hard glares and burning hatred. It's clear she wasn't invited after what her family's done, what Dahlia did by bringing on this curse. And if her mother was here, she could've found a way. She's broken this curse before and she could possibly do it again, but she was still missing. And now Erik and Hayley were stuck in this endless loop forever.

        But there was never a boring moment with Erik.

        After he'd met with his sister Harmony and others, they would spend the whole night together catching up on Deena's life; playing board games, eating a ton of snacks their appetite could carry, and grew closer as they began to open up more.

        At first, she visited him out of pity. No other way to make up for her family's mistake than doing all she could to at least ensure she's innocent, and that she's finding a cure to undo this mess. But then, her visits were more about seeing him than making herself feel better.

        Erik had a certain charm. He's always had it, but Deena started noticing it more and more. He's patient and kind, funny, and overall a good person. Far better than Deena and anyone she knew. He held nothing against her and saw something in her others didn't. Though she didn't know what, she felt seen because of it.

        It was then, Deena was sure her crush on Bayou boy wasn't a temporary feeling. A 'he's giving me the attention, so I'll take it until someone better comes along' kind of mindset. She wanted more with him than whatever's going on now.