𝟐𝟏 | 𝐀 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐀 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭

        𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄 after a month and some days is a welcome party

        𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄 after a month and some days is a welcome party. Cute yellow and pink balloons taped at the entry and along the stair rails, confetti poppers stuck in her hair, and a giant flower cake with yellow icing spelling out 'Welcome Home Deena'.

        Not a wedding.

        Hayley's wedding to be exact.

        Workers dressed in white button-up shirts and black pants, either compelled or not, running around with chairs; circular tables with white tablecloths settled around the courtyard; a woman standing on a ladder hooking lights around the fake trees, lights hung above their heads and in many decorative ways, even a six-level tall cake currently being pushed in.

        It was odd Hayley decided to have her wedding at the Abattoir when there were much better and cleaner venues. She had also been so vocal about embracing their werewolf nature and figured the wedding would be held in the Bayou, or anywhere not infested with vampires and witches.

        Klaus was the first to greet Deena, eager as ever to see her face after so long and what happened with the explosion. He stood in a way as if he were expecting something. A hug perhaps? Not caring who bear to witness because he wanted more. He liked how it felt and the intentions behind it.

        And Deena would've greeted him with a hug if she wasn't tired from the long drive and bummed about all her things lost in the fire.

        While they were conversing and her father explained the events of the wedding, which Hayley had beaten him to, Deena left to settle in her room and possibly get some rest before the wedding took place. She hoped her plants hadn't died during the time she's been away and it was the way she left it.

        Kicking through the door, she discovered a short, Black woman with messy curls laying out a black mini dress with long sheer sleeves across her bed. Cocking her head, the woman walked around as if she were judging it.