𝟒𝟒 | 𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭

        𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. All in the last four and a half days Deena was held captive, Cami was drained of blood. Jackson's heart extracted from his chest. And Mr. Núñez was brutally mutilated because...I killed him.

Their deaths were avenged and some form justice was served. The newly turned vampires were burned alive, dark smoky flames were spotted near the church but their screams were silent. Tristan now suffered somewhere at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean, drowning over and over again. But Deena remained a free woman.

The news reported an explosion after calls came in about a gas leak. Nothing but ash and bones were discovered. It was almost like her time spent was merely a lucid dream and she hadn't been exploited in some get-rich-quick scheme that almost cost her life, though scars beneath her healed skin said otherwise. Not seen but lingered a scorching burn, that made every second worth ripping his flesh raw and bloodied, down to the bone, as he pleaded and begged and had the nerve to offer a deal in exchange for his life. Most of what happened was a blur, but remembered there being so much blood, so much anger, so much affliction even after death that her mother had to intervene.

However, it wasn't enough for Roma. She believed her father was murdered and hadn't died in the explosion. Words weren't spoken out loud but conveyed as her red, puffy eyes scanned the faces of those who attended her father's funeral. She was looking for a killer. One she would never find even if the killer stood before her. Missed calls were sent straight to voicemail and her messages were left on delivered. Deena knew she needed support outside of her family, support she didn't want to give because while she wasn't her father and allegedly had no idea, Roma was still his daughter. Still of his blood, still holding his name, still grieving a man who deserved nothing. It wasn't a risk she'd take for anyone.

A make-up graduation party was held at the Abattoir. Everyone together under one roof. No drama, no fighting, maybe a smart remark here and there and plenty of teasing, but just for that one day — or a couple of days as Deena healed — her family was there for her. In anyway given, they were available and prepared to grant any wish.