𝟏𝟔 | 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐀 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬

        "𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐀 𝐔𝐏 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋 without my granted permission?"

        Klaus paced angrily across his study room. He took his eyes off her for one second. Just one, which has allowed his sister to indulge such influences in Deena during the time his mind had been preoccupied dealing with the witches, locating the last White Oak Stake stolen from his possession, and restoring balance within his kingdom. He shouldn't have neglected the slightest suspicion he had when it came about.

        Rebekah lowered her head upon Klaus's intensive scowl. "Have you forgotten she's supposed to live as if she doesn't exist? Yet, for some mysterious reason, she's existing? We might as well deliver her to their front doorsteps with a basket of welcome goodies." Of course, there was always time for humor. But not enough of it could repaint the expression he caught on Deena's face when mentioning out loud the truth of her existence.

        "She's seventeen for christ sake! She needs to be in school as any child in the world would be." Rebekah fought back her persistent brother. "She can't stay here all day and count sticks while you're out doing god knows what."

       "I am doing everything I must to keep our family safe! Don't you dare belittle my efforts, dear sister."

        Deena stood awkwardly against the sturdy desk between him and Rebekah, arguing back and forth about her education. She's had no chance to speak up for herself or what she wanted for her life. And instead, kept herself occupied with a small shaven ancient-looking horse she found on his desk, awaiting an opportunity where she could speak her word.

        "And you chose a school with the very humans who will shun her the moment they discover she's not like them? What happens when she loses control? What happens if her anger gets the best of her and she has to live with the consequences? You said it yourself, we don't know what we're dealing with and I'd rather not find out any other way." Klaus pointed out all that could go wrong with this. "I'm all for Deena's education, but where she is within my radar. And her being here is the safest place where I can protect her."