𝟑𝟔 | 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐥𝐲 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐀 𝐒𝐞𝐞𝐫

ᴀ ᴍᴏɴᴛʜ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ

ᴍᴏɴᴛʜ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ

𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇. May 18th. Deena couldn't wait anymore, but at the same time, wished this month would take its time and last forever. Because after her class crosses that stage, comes the next step in life no one is ever prepared for — adulting. Which could be a blessing in disguise, but mostly a pain in the ass.

And in a family that has lived a thousand years, adulting could be difficult to adult when the adults don't allow it to happen.

Because of some said prophecy — not given in detail, but enough to know the family's in trouble — Deena had been restricted from any outside activities. Solely attending school, working at Mama's Joint, and back home. No shortcuts. No excuses. No staying at Quinn's house. No life. Forced to check-in more than she had to before, which she didn't understand.

From her mother's explanation, Deena's omitted from the prophecy. Sure, her DNA genetics were shared with her father...but she wasn't him. Why should she be forced to halt her life for a problem that excluded her for once?

She was still pissed at him and hated when he'd go out of his way to seek forgiveness. Also was why it wasn't him to make the check-in phone calls or messages — not that it stopped him — but Aunt Freya or her mother...when she wasn't running off to assist whatever was going on, or doing everything in her power to avoid Deena like she was a plague. Other than avoiding most of the men in her life, and living with a mother who was barely home, life was...life.

"I'll never understand why you choose to work if your family's dirt rich. Like old, old money rich. It's like you're forcing yourself to be humbled and struggle when you actually have a choice, and you know I hate to see a sista waste her youth to capitalism." Said Quinn when Deena brought out her lemon-squeezed tea. A loyal customer who's only present whenever she was working. Despite her complaints, her support was endless.