Chapter 1: I'll be damned

"Mr. Walton, Mr. Yilmaz is waiting for you in his office." Elsa's voice pulled me out of my thoughts making me look up at her and nod. She was beautiful and elegant as always. Elsa and I started working here together, and even though I was her boss, I never tried intimidating her, I wanted her to be comfortable around me. I knew she would be a great assistant the minute she walked into my office for her interview. I remember how shy yet how professional she was.

"Thank you, Elsa."

I took one last look at Celine's newest photo on Instagram before locking my phone and going to see Adam. She was in Costa Rica with some old guy. It's been a year since we broke up but it still stung like a bitch every time I remembered her and I still couldn't understand why she needed to be with older men, maybe it was the fact she grew up without a fatherly figure. All the playing around and one-night stands didn't help, but I always played it cool in front of everyone and made it seem like I forgot all about her and became a huge womanizer.

Knocking on Adam's door I wondered what he could want from me this early, we had an appointment scheduled this afternoon for the monthly report and the new project if we get it.

"Adam?"

"Mason hi, come in, take a seat." He signed a paper and handed it to his assistant before relaxing in his chair. "How are you?"

I raised an eyebrow "I don't think I was summoned here to tell you how I feel. What did I do this time?" Being the 'playboy' of the family as Adam puts it, he always caught me doing the wrong things... of course, he never told anyone about my long list of stupid things I did.

Adam chuckled shaking his head pulling me out of my own thoughts "Nothing, well maybe you did something. Mason, I'm proud of you for all your hard work and success. And I've been thinking a lot lately, you're right. I need to spend more time with my family, so I'm giving you more responsibilities around here if that's okay with you of course."

"You're proud of me?" I frowned "Adam is this a joke?" How could he be proud of me when just last night he caught me having sex with Alina, the head of HR?

"Why would I joke about this?" Adam got on his feet walking around his desk until he was facing me and taking a seat. He looked serious about this, there was no way he was fucking around.

"Just last night you looked at me like I was an alien or an abomination! Why would I believe you're proud of me?"

"Don't bring up last night or I'll fire Alina right away. It was wrong of both of you! She's the Head of HR for God's sake! What were you thinking?" he huffed and ran a hand through his hair "Look, I don't care who you sleep with, as long as it doesn't jeopardize our company, so I'd be grateful if you can keep it in your pants within this building."

I nodded forcing myself not to laugh so I don't rile him up even more.

"Alright. I'm proud of the work you've been doing here, not your behavior" he pointed his finger at me in a warning manner "Now, I want to spend more time with Lena and the kids, and to be honest she's giving me a hard time. Not that I'm complaining, she has every right to."

Adam and Helena have been in love forever, both of them as stubborn as a mule didn't want to admit their feelings for each other. They struggled a lot to be together, and they managed to build a pretty amazing family. That's what I was looking for with Celine, but I was only met with deceit. My sister made him promise to never be a workaholic like our dad, to always be on time for dinner, to always have time for date night, and other stuff like that. At first, Adam managed just fine, he was well organized and business was slow anyway, but with time, he missed too many dinners and date nights to upset Helena Walton.