Chapter 18: Loverboy is here!

Mason Walton

"You're late!" Jason shouted over the noise as soon as I climbed out of my car.

"I was detained." I chuckled as I locked my car and walked to him.

"Oh, were you with your friend?" he asked teasingly wiggling his eyebrows.

"Nah, didn't even talk to her today. I was visiting the Queen herself."

"How was it?"

"It was good considering. We had a fight the other day so I got her chocolate and went to apologize. I was supposed to stay for an hour but she wouldn't let me leave. I had to stay for dinner."

"No!" He laughed "How was Zachary?"

Jason knew I didn't visit my parents much, he knew the tension there was between us. He was also well aware of the shift that went down in my father's behavior regarding me. We never really understood why he changed so much, from being the easy-going and fun to be around dad to the annoying father that kept jabbing at me. Jason asking that kind of question was fairly normal.

"He was... actually nice for a change," I said with a frown. "Believe it or not, he didn't make one bad or snarky comment at me. He asked about work, he asked about you guys, and we talked about sports, he even made a few jokes! It was like old times."

"I'll be damned" Jason stared at me surprised.

I didn't blame him, hell I was surprised he was so welcoming and nice to me. It felt like ages since we had a real nice conversation. And tonight I realized how much I missed him; I missed spending time with him. I was never jealous of his relationship with Adam because I was never been treated as less. But lately, it felt like Adam was the real son and I was adopted.

I looked at the line in front of the club and smirked "How did you make Tara let you come here alone anyway?"

He snorted shaking his head "Who said she let me? She's inside with my annoying, whining sister. I just had to take a break and told them I'll wait for you outside."

"That can't be good, what is she whining about now?"

"She's fighting with Kerem all the time. He even left for Istanbul this morning, without her! Can you imagine?"

"He never leaves without her..."

"Exactly! She didn't take it well and now she's like a ticking bomb."

I rolled my eyes following him inside the club. She and Kerem met up in Spain but never got each other's details. Turned out Kerem was Adam's uncle, so fate brought them back together. They fell in love so hard we all thought it was too good to be true, and knowing Serena we thought she'll get bored eventually and dump him but she didn't, they got married and worked perfectly together until last month. We never knew what happened but they started fighting. At first, it was small arguments that quickly ended but with time those little arguments kept on growing.

"Oh, Loverboy is here!" Serena cheered with a giggle "Where's your new friend?"

"Hi Tara," I leaned in and pecked her cheek before sitting across from them "Did you tell Helena about..." I nodded my head toward Serena.

"Yeah, but she doesn't have a sitter so I have to bear with drunk bitchy Serena." She let out a frustrated sigh.

"I'm not drunk!" Serena pouted before looking at me "How is your beautiful friend? Don't let her too close. She'll break your heart. They all break hearts."

I bit my lower lip and glared at Jason "You thought coming here was a good idea because?"

"Because she can drink as much as she wants and the music can drown her voice."