40.Happy Ever after?

My Sunshine was looking different today

My Sunshine was looking different today. Some parts sorrow, and most parts determination. A look of light-heartedness, I think she is done dealing with my phupha. There it comes, the thing I have dreaded since last week and half. She is going to leave me and there is nothing I can do about it. For the first time in my life I was unhappy that my wife was an influential person. Otherwise things wouldn't have gotten this complicated. While I was contemplating on possible ways to tie her down to my side.

I got a message from Sunshine asking me to come to a certain location. As soon as I arrived there, I was welcomed by a lovely sight of my Sunshine, looking like an angel.

 As soon as I arrived there, I was welcomed by a lovely sight of my Sunshine, looking like an angel

Then she turned to me, and placed her palm on my cheek.

Sunshine:- I have not told you what I feel about you, because I have never really been someone with many words. After my mom passing away, I felt like the world was collapsing.
The entire purpose of my life became revenge. I stopped living my own life. Marriage was something I didn't dare consider at that time.
That's when you came into my life, when I was least expecting it. I wouldn't say I forgot about my revenge for you. But when I'm with you, my smile becomes more genuine, my soul which which is burning for revenge seems to have found some peace. I don't know when, and how, but you crept into life, and then my heart.
You deserve someone who is whole heartedly dedicated towards you. Yet I selfishly want you just for myself.
Though I won't stop living, if you are not there. With you around I can live that life happily.
You make me want to be a better person Sid.
I never wanted to leave you, nor do I plan on leaving you. You are booked for me, in this life.

Me:- I don't have words to explain how I feel right now. God, Sunshine I just lov

I stopped there remembering what abhi told me. My darling looked so sad at that moment.

Me:- I'm sorry, I just..... It just slipped from my mouth.

Sunshine:- no Sid no, you are not the one who is supposed to apologise, it is me. It's just that, that emotion traumatizes me. Like that day, my mother thought it was justified for her to sacrifice her life for me just because she loves me. I feel like I will lose all the people around me because of this so called love. The problem is me, and just me alone, don't feel sorry.