Chapter three

Her alarm went off and she immediately switched it off. She sat up right on her bed feeling excited for today.

She quickly got ready in a denim jeans and a forest green hoodie with a white schiffon hijab. She was going shopping for her family because she is leaving tomorrow.

She called for an Uber which arrived in not less than 5 minutes. She didn't even care to have breakfast, she was too excited. You know when you are excited and the least thing you care about is food?

Özdilek Hypermarket was a 15 minutes drive from Noor's apartment. The mall wasn't crowded because it wasn't the weekend and that's how she liked it.

She called her sister Layla on FaceTime so she could help her pick some stuffs for her parents and ya faruk. "A black boubou abaya for mama" Layla told Noor who started walking to the abaya section.

"Get me an abaya too you know Turkish abaya's are the best" she said as Noor placed her phone on the shopping cart. She turned the camera so Layla can see what she was seeing.

4 hours later, Noor was finally done. She felt like fainting. She was starving. She felt like the cashier was being slow in an attempt to make her angry. That smiley face that was on 4 hours ago was replaced with an annoyed expression.

She dragged the cart with the shopping bags inside it. She wasn't about to carry those huge bags. She stopped at the food court to get something to eat because she was sure she wasn't going to have enough energy to cook once she get home.

She placed her order and called an Uber. "Thank you" she said taking her takeaway and putting it in the cart.

She went outside and the Uber driver helped her to load the bags into the trunk of the car. She had a sigh of relief as she settles in the car. Another 15 minutes and she was back home. The Uber driver was generous enough to take her things all the way up to her apartment and she tipped him before he left.

She transferred the creamy pasta into a bowl and placed it in the microwave to reheat it. After that, she ate and went to her room to pray zuhr.

After praying, she realized that she haven't started packing yet and she was leaving tomorrow. She released a loud "ughhh"

Now she has to stand up and get to work.

**********

The next day..................

"Noor the Uber is here" Hanifa shouted to Noor who was dragging out her 4 huge luggages. Her friends quickly came and helped her with them and entered the elevator.

The drive to the airport was quick and both Noor and Hanifa were 1 hour early to their flight. "We will all hang out once we are there" Aaliya said smiling.

"And some might meet their Prince Charming "Humaira said referring to Noor indirectly.

"Yeah and who knows? We might get married. I might be a married woman when I come back" Noor said making her friends laugh making the sound 'oooo'

"Hani let's go. Bye you guys" she said hugging her friends in a group hug.

Their luggages were put in a trolley by two workers. They finished saying their bye's and the two left.

8 hours later......

"Bye" Noor said to Hanifa who was leaving. Noor continued looking for her name on all signs that were lifted. She finally saw her name.

She walked to the unfamiliar man who is probably the driver "hello I'm Nooriyah" she introduced herself.

"Sannu da zuwa" he responded but Noor didn't understand what he said and just smiled. He helped her with the luggages and took them to the car.

"Noor" she heard her sister shout and she was tightly hugged. "I can't breatheee" Noor playfully smack Layla on the back and she let her go.

"Sorry. I just missed you soooo much" she hugged her again but this time Noor smiled widely and Layla released her.

The 1 hour drive from the airport to maitama was fun. The two gists about everything and Noor was enjoying it. She missed her family a lot. For 2 years.

When they arrived, Noor was welcomed by the amazing scent of the turaran wuta. She met eyes with her mother and ran to hug her. "Ya Allah my child" mama cried gripping her daughter more.

Once they finally pulled away, Noor noticed her father walking down the stairs and ran to great him. Soon, they all sat down in the living area as the driver came in with her luggages.

"How was the journey?" Baba asked. "It was alright Alhamdulillah" Noor replied. "Where is ya faruk?" She asked.

"He is out working. There was a problem at the office so I sent him" Baba answered. "He should have been back by now" he added.

"Salamu'alaikum" came a voice from the main entrance they all turned and it was ya faruk. He was taken aback when Noor hugged him.

He smiled and hugged her back. When they pulled out. "Yaya I was waiting for you"

"Nooriyah go and freshen up and then you can eat" mama said and Noor nodded and Layla came to show her room to her.