18: Apology

Please ignore all typos and errors. This book has not been edit yet.

Noor's pov

Sighing, I dropped my bag on the bed and headed to the en-suite bathroom. Was exhausted. It was 7:23pm and Zayn wasn't home yet and ya faruk just dropped me here.

I came out of the bathroom and into the closet. I picked out an off white two piece set pajamas and wore them.

It was 8 when I went downstairs. I went to the kitchen to make dinner. After looking at my cookbook, I decided to make shrimp fried rice.

My thoughts trailed off thinking of how his parents are going to react. My parents agreed after I told them what Zayn's decision was though mama wasn't completely convinced.

His mother already for some reason doesn't like me and this will only add more to the fire.

It was 8:34 when I finished cooking. Zayn is till out. I arranged the dining and sat on the couch to wait for him.

I know we left off on a wrong path but he still needed to know what my parents decision is.

^*^*^
Zayn's pov

I knew it. Noor was right.

Of course umma will have an objection.

It was 7 when I left work and I decided to stop and tell my parents about Noor's studies.

Abba agreed since both she and her parents are okay with it. Umma on the other side wasn't convinced. She didn't like Noor to top it all up.

"You want to let your wife out of your side so she can go and do all such of mannerless things" Umma said pissed.

Mannerless.

"Can't she finish her studies here? I'm telling you that girl is just looking for an excuse to do whatever she wants" Umma continued.

"If only you have married Husna things would not come to thi-"

"Enough.....that's enough" Abba said to Umma which made her go quite.

He turned to me "listen Zayn, if you are okay with it then so are we" he said I we saw Umma rose to her feet.

"Of course he should allow her to do anything she wants after all who am I to make decisions for my son" she said and left the room immediately.

"Listen Zayn, go home it's getting late I'm sure Noor must be waiting for you" Abba said.

Oh no she isn't. After my outburst yesterday, I'm sure she is mad at me.

*****

It was 10:45pm when he got home. The lights were dim as he walked towards the stairs. He knew she couldn't wait for him.

He was about to go when his eyes caught the sight of a figure lying down on the couch.

He walked closer and saw Noor sleeping. He stood over her and roam his eyes around her features. He didn't know when a small smile appeared on his face.

Just then, Noor opened her eyes and met his which made her flinched as she put her hands on her chest.

"You scared me" she said catching her breath which made Zayn Chuckle. "Sorry" he whispered but she heard anyways.

"You're back home late" she said as she stood up and adjusted. "Yeah I stopped at my parents house" he replied walking upstairs.

"Okay. Freshen up and come downstairs for dinner" she said.

He already had dinner at his parents house but he didn't want to tell her because she made dinner just for him and he was 50 percent sure she hasn't eaten.

He came back downstairs and saw that she was serving the food. He thought she would not talk to him. He thought she was mad at him.

He smiled as he approached her. Her back was facing him and she didn't even know he was behind her.

He was about to speak when she turned and flinched again. "Stop scaring me for god sake" she almost yelled as he laughed. She was still looking frightened when he sat on the dining chair.

A smile appeared on her face as she looked at him laughing. She hasn't seen this side of him since the day they went out for lunch. Since he came to meet her.

"Have you eaten?" He asked.

"No"

"Then sit down and eat" he told her and she sat down.

They were halfway through eating when Zayn spoke "listen....I'm sorry about yesterday" he said.

"My outburst was really rude and i apologize for it" he added and looked up at her to see her smiling.

"It's okay......sometimes my curiosity gets the best of me" she laughed a little which made him smile.

What was happening to him?

She has forgiven him. She couldn't ever be angry with him. She loves him.

They spent almost two hours talking about random things and knowing each other more. It was as if they just met.

She hoped Zayn would stay like this forever. To spend time with her. To eventually fall In love with her.

But who was she kidding? She was leaving in like 1 week.

******

👋 hi

So this chapter is not long because I updated fast.

Hope you like it🥰🥰

Eid Al-Adah 🕌✨✨

🤍

🤍