46: Threat

Please ignore all typos and errors. This book has not been edited yet.
**
Follow me on instagram👇🏻
@diary_of_faeezah
(Link is in my bio)
**
Enjoy 🫶🏽

Noor's pov

The next day

"What?" Humaira, Hanifa, and Aaliya all said in unison. They looked shocked to the core. I nodded my head slightly to convince them.

"How low can that woman stoop to?" Aaliya said with a puzzled expression.

I told them about everything that happened a day ago and a few days ago. I decided not to keep it to myself cause that always turns out bad eventually. They looked shocked and horrified.

"You should definitely tell Zayn about it," Humaira said in a serious tone. "How am I supposed to tell him about him? He doesn't even pick up my call or reply to my messages" my voice broke at the end.

"What exactly is wrong with Zayn? Why is he acting like this? I don't understand a thing at this point" Aaliya said looking annoyed. "I-" I got interrupted by my ringtone. Hanifa grabbed my phone from the vanity table since she was closest to it.

She looked annoyed after peeking at the callers id. Who could it be? "Is it Zayn?" I asked desperately wishing it was him. She didn't reply but handed me the phone and even I became slightly annoyed after seeing who was calling.

"Hello" I answered sounding uninterested. "Hi Noor, uhm Umma wants to speak with you" Husna said and before I could object, she gave the phone to Umma, her voice instantly became audible.

I greeted her nonetheless and she answered. "I want to speak with you privately if you're free" she said. The phone was on speaker so I looked at my friends for advice.  "Say yes" Humaira whispered earning glares from both Aaliya and Hanifa who don't agree with the idea.

"O-okay when and where?" I asked. "Today at 2pm, A-class restaurant" she said after a few moments of silence. "Come alone" she added making my blood run cold. "Why?" I asked puzzled. She is gonna try to kill you stupid. My conscious is probably right.

"Because I want to speak with you alone" she said in a annoyed voice. "I will be there" I said trying not to stuter before Umma ended the call. I was scared. I looked at my friends, specifically Humaira who suggested I agree.

"If you go there, you're doomed" Aaliya said in a low voice. "The woman literally wanted to poison you and your baby," Hanifa said making it sound more disposable than it was.

I looked at Humaira waiting for her to speak or at least tell me why she said I should agree. "Just go and hear what she wants to say, it's a public place she won't try to harm you" she said calming my nerves.

"It's already 1pm, stand up and get ready then" Aaliya said sounding rather not sure of the whole idea. "Yes" I answered getting up. I was already wearing a plain white tee with a pink floral skirt. These are clothes I like wearing now, they are so comfortable and they don't expose my baby bump much.

I grabbed a black abaya and wore with with a pair of cream colored flats and a matching veil.

"Honestly, you need to tell Zayn about his baby" Hanifa suddenly chirped making me turn to her. They were also getting ready to leave. "I will tell him once he is back. I want him to see it in person" I explained to her. I really don't expect anybody to understand my point.