22: lunch, work and wifey.

Please ignore all typos and errors. This book has not been edited yet.
***

Noor's pov

The sound of loud chatters and loud utensils could be heard as everyone laughed and enjoy themselves.

I looked at our interlocked hands that's under the table away from everyone's eyes. I smiled at the thought that so much has changed in 3 months.

The man I have been in love with literally since I was a teenager finally loves me back. Well he hasn't said it yet but actions speak louder than words. Plus we acted like couples in love during those 3 months.

A lot of topics were discussed but when it came to the topic of pregnancy and babys, mama had a lot of questions.

It was really awkward for me but Zayn looked comfortable and confident answering her questions. Layla just kept giving me smirks all through while Aaryan seemed to be busy on the phone.

Finally after minutes of dreading, lunch was over. It was almost 7pm when we left. Mama, Baba and Layla decided to stay at a hotel since they were leaving tomorrow. Aaryan was also supposed to leave tomorrow but for some reason her didn't want to leave yet so he followed Zayn and i to my apartment.

Once we arrived, Aaryan went to the other room and we went to mine. After we were done freshing up, Zayn wore a plane white tee with a sweatpants and I wore my flannel pajamas.

Zayn pulled out his MacBook and I rolled my eyes. Seriously he was gonna work? "You've got to be kidding me. Don't tell me you're working" I said as he sat on the bed.

"I have to...it's important" he replied not taking his eyes from the screen. "Of course" I muttered pretty sure he didn't hear me.

I put a black scarf on my head planing to go make some coffee. "I'm making coffee you want some?" I asked him. "Yes please" he replied eyes still on the screen.

I walked to the Kitchen to begin making the coffee. Minutes into it, I heard the door to Aaryan's room open. "What are you making?" He asked sitting on the stool near the kitchen island.

"Coffee. You want some?" I asked. "Yeah I'll have some" he replied and i got to work.

He was typing away on his phone before he spoke. "do you believe in love at first sight?" He asked suddenly.Whaaaaat??

"Why are you asking? Are you in love?" I asked him casually.

"Well....sort of but....I don't know" he said and I turned to look at him with amusement. I gave him his coffee and kept mine on the kitchen island too.

I picked Zayn's cup and made my way to the room. "I will be right back" I told him before I left.

I opened the door and saw Zayn completely engrossed in a phone call. He looked slightly pissed. His back was facing me so when he noticed I was around he turned.

He saw the mug in my hand and gestures to me to keep it on the coffee table. After that, I immediately walked out of the room to go back to the kitchen. I had a lot to hear.

"Okay I'm back so what's up? Tell me everything" I said sipping my coffee and Aaryan let out a small chuckle.

"Common tell me who is the girl? Did you meet her recently?" I asked in one go. What? I was curious.

"I met her today" he answered. So that's what this love at first sight is all about.

"At the graduation ceremony?" I asked. He nodded his head with a silly smile. This boy was up to no good. "Do I know her?" I enquired. Who could it possibly be? I mean mmm.

"Oh you know her. So well" he said and I realized that he was talking about one of my friends. Oh my god.

Humaira has a boyfriend
Alliya has a fiancé
Hanifa. Hanifa is freaking single.

I looked over at him and he had a smirk dancing on his face. "Oh my god it's Hanifa right?" I asked almost shouting.

"Yep that's her" he said with a smug face. "That girl didn't tell me anything" I muttered.

"Don't worry you will have your ways as far as I'm here" I smiled. "I know" he replied gladly.

"Now finish your coffee and go to sleep" I told him placing my mug in the sink. "Yes mom" he muttered sarcastically.

I laughed a little and started walking back to the room since it was almost 11pm. "Good night" he said. "Good night" I yelled back.

Opening the door to the room slowly, I walked in. Zayn was still on his laptop. I rolled my eyes seeing he hasn't moved a single inch from his position. He even had some papers on the bed.

"Okay enough now you can continue tomorrow" I told him suddenly gathering his papers that were on the bed.

"I'm almost done for today don-" he started but I cut him off. I took his papers and placed them on the vanity table inside their files.

"You are completing it tomorrow that's it" I told him shutting his laptop. He placed his hand on his forehead and massaged his temple.

"Are you having a headache?" I asked and he nodded gently. I walked to the toilet and carried some pills from the first aid box. I walked back to the room and took a glass of water.

"Here" I gave him the pills and the water next. He gulped it down immediately and I took the glass from him and placed it on the coffee table. 

"Now sleep" I told him standing in front of him. A grin appeared on his face and before I knew it, he dragged me to his lap and my hands rested on his chest. His hands traveled to my waist and i shivered.

"Ya Allah"

***
Y'all know what's gonna happen next.

***Y'all know what's gonna happen next