1 - Birthday

"Happy birthday my sweet" I gave mom a big smile as I trudged happily down the stairs. I'm finally 18. Maybe I'll be able to find my mate today.

Life hasn't really been good to me but the idea of someday finding my mate gives me hope. Momma always reminded me of how wonderful and magical it would feel finding your mate. The one who will love you the most in this world. Who will accept you for who you are, become your best friend and will be your greatest love.

I wanna have that too.

"Thank you mom" I kissed her on the cheek and proceeded to eat breakfast.

"Excited for school?" She winked at me and I chuckled trying to hide a frown.

I hate going to school because that's where I consider hell and satan is, but she doesn't have to know that.. But today is an exemption. Maybe it's where I'll meet my mate. It's where most people my age gather after all.

"Just make sure you get home in time  for dinner, alright? Your brother and dad will be home too. I'll cook you your favorite~" mom said in a sing song voice, kissing my forehead before leaving the kitchen.

My mom is a witch and is a healer in our pack. My father is a werewolf and the beta. You'd think I get special treatment being the son of the beta but no. That dick son of our alpha made sure of that.  I get bullied all the time and nobody ever takes my side. At first people treated me just fine, made friends with me and respected me for being one of the sons of the beta. But they all changed during high school. People couldn't have changed just like that, right? I don't remember doing anything wrong. But it all made sense after I realized they all changed when the alpha's son started bullying me. My friends don't talk to me anymore, I became a loner. Nobody talks to me anymore all because of that jerk. I don't even know that guy's name. I don't really care to know either. I just know he's our Alpha's son because they all call him alpha even if he's still not the alpha. Whatever that guy's name, I'm sure its trash. Just like him.

My family doesn't know about it. And they don't have to know. I mean, nothing extreme happened yet plus I don't want them to think I'm weak. I can handle it. I'm my father's son, after all. The bullying is not as bad as it seems. It just consists of shoving around here and there, making me trip by putting his foot on the way, stuffing my locker with decaying food which is totally gross, soaking my uniform wet during PE, sabotaging my artworks and pouring milk into my lunch. It's all immature works really, and I can't have my parents worrying about that too. My older brother, the future beta is already done with school and is now on training. He already got a lot on his plate so I can't tell him either.

I tried to report the jerk, really but come on, he's the future alpha, who would mess with him? The principal and teachers would just dismiss me every time saying  "its not a big deal". Well to be fair, the principal did make the jerk apologize to me once thinking that would make him stop. They're useless idiotic jerks, all of them.

Enough about the dickhead. It's my birthday and it'll be a great day. I'll make it so.

or at least thats what I thought.