6 - Friend

It's the weekend. I'm slumped on the couch, laughing every now and then at the show on tv, with a bowl of cheetos on my lap.

Life is good. Life is great. I'm still in a good mood that was caused by the successful revenge that I did yesterday.

"You should probably change" I heard Brent say as he descended the stairs. I look at my attire. This is my usual attire at home. I'm wearing black booty shorts and a white sando top. What? It's skimpy clothes but I like it, plus its hot. Less cloth, more comfortable for me.

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?"

"Rick's coming. I just think you might not be comfortable in those with other people" he answered

"Who's rick?" I asked while stuffing my face with cheetos

He rolled his eyes. "Really?"

"What?" what? I don't know a rick

"Don't pretend you don't know him, you were even close when you were kids"

I just scrunched my nose at him and then went back to watching tv. I don't remember a Rick. I only remember a Ricky, my cute fat friend during elementary years, but not a Rick, plus he left years ago so he couldnt be the same person.

"You're not changing?" he asked again

"Eh" I shrugged my shoulders. Too lazy to get up.

"Suit yourself"

After a few minutes, I heard a car on our driveway then the doorbell ringing. I continued watching TV and eating cheetos while Brent went to get the door.

"Come in, bro. I just gotta get some stuff from upstairs, you can sit on the couch." I heard brent say.
After awhile, I felt the couch dip. I frowned and turned to face him, ready to ask why this Rick guy is sitting next to me when there are other couches to sit on but my words got caught in my throat as I discovered who this Rick is.

That's his name? I didn't smell him when he entered because of the pungent smell of cheese that's infront of me.

"Surprised?" he said smirking. I just stared at him gaping while his eyes traveled downwards, eyeing me up and down before his eyes darkened. Then his gaze went to my wrist. "Oh? You're wearing my bracelet again." he smirked again.

His bracelet? I looked down at my wrist.

"This isn't yours. This is mine."

"Oh yeah? Where d'you get it from"

"M-my friend gave it to me."

He raised an eyebrow "What's your friend's name?"

"Ri--" I paused. Ricky?

I'm fucking confused.

"So you do remember me"

I frowned at him.
He crossed his arms and gave me a challenging look.
I think about what he said. His name is Rick. I had a friend named Ricky who gave me this bracelet. Rick claims this as his bracelet. His bracelet? Me remembering him? Wait, his bracelet? If thats the case, maybe thats why my spell was unsuccessful and I started smelling like him. It couldn't be successful because it wasn't mine in the first place, it was his. It would make sense.. And.. he's Ricky? My Ricky?

"Y-you're Ricky? B-but Ricky left a few years ago.. He left.. He didn't come ba--"

"I came back. After 5 years. I approached you but you didn't recognize me anymore. I tried introducing myself but you denied ever knowing me." His face is morphed in a hurt and angry expression by now. "Such friend you are."

I racked my brain for memories of him introducing himself to me but all I could remember was him stalking me for a while and me getting all creeped out and when he finally approached me I immediately say "please don't come near me. I don't know you and you're creeping me out" and so he started bullying me after that.

I frowned at him. "You stalked me! And creeped me out! How could I recognize you? You changed so much. You weren't my sweet chubby ricky anymore! A-and when I told you to stay away from me you started bullying me instead of just explaining yourself!" I shouted at him "and now you blame me for being such a bad friend? You left me! Said you'd meet me again after two days but you never showed up again!" There were tears threatening to get out of my eyes but i held them in.

"Okay first of all, I didn't stalk you. Well, maybe I did but I just wanted to know where you live and what school you go. Second, I never bullied you. It's called teasing and having good times with my old friend who didn't recognize me anymore. It's how I coped up coz I was hurt for being easily forgotten. Third, I did try to explain, but every time I do you ignore me and shut me out. Fourth, I'm sorry I wasn't able to say goodbye. I never got the chance." He sighed sadly. "And lastly, Jamie.. I'm still your sweet chubby Ricky" he smiled softly.
"but without the chubby.. See, I've gained muscles. See, see?" He flexed his muscles while grinning. His mood changing faster than he blinks.

I continued frowning at him "What do you mean you never bullied me, you jerk"

"That's all you heard from everything I just said?" He countered

"You bullied me!" I exclaimed, annoyed

"Oh yeah? What did I do to you that's considered bullying?"

"You tripped me"

"I remember that. My legs are long so I had to extend it, I tried saying sorry but you flashed your middle finger at me and walked out before I could"

"You made my friends stop talking to me"

"What are you talking about, I've never talked to any of your friends!"

"You poured milk to my lunch!"

"That. I tripped while holding the milk I was gonna give you. I said sorry but you replied by throwing your entire lunch at me. That was so rude of you"

"Y-you put decaying food in my locker!"

"Uh-uh, that was on you. I tried gifting you with the food I knew you liked but you were absent the whole day and the next days were the weekends and I completely forgot about it, so by the time you found it, it already went bad."

"You poured coffee on my PE uniform"

"That was Andrei's idea actually, I asked what to do so I could get you to wear my jersey. That's why I left my locker open so you could use mine. That was a terrible idea"

"You and your friends shove me here and there"

"Uhm..it was more like they were shoving me to you?"

"Why would they shove you to me?"

"Uhm..because"

"Because what?"

"Because I may or may not have told them you were gonna be my mate" his voice was so low by the end of his sentence that I almost didn't hear him.

But I did