14 - Disheartened

---
Omg, Y'ALL GONNA MAKE ME CRY! I didn't even think someone would actually love this let alone read it! I just think this story is cliche and cringy af but I suddenly woke up one morning, 7k reads, (and counting, now at 19k?? Is this fr?), votes and people are commenting saying they want moorrree???!! People are adding it to their reading lists and saying they're having fun reading this and looking forward for the next chapters!!. I mean THIS IS MY FIRST BOOK y'all! *wipes happy tears*
Thank you from the bottom of all my internal organs ❤️  *sniffs*

and for the record, Rick does feel the sparks, it's just that scent is the biggest mate identifier so he was confused at first

..anyways, I know you hate reading authors notes so...
moving on
---

That was it. The kiss. It's what the push I needed and I'm finally gonna tell him.

I'll do it tomorrow though, I still need the mental preparation.

After the kiss that lasted what felt like an hour but was probably just minutes, we parted gasping, staring at each other, my arms around his neck (I don't know how it got there), and it was me who talked first.

"I-I'll see you tomorrow at dinner" I removed my arms from around his neck and looked around, unable to maintain the eye contact.

He smiled and removed his hands from around my waist "Yeah, I'll be there at seven"

"Okay"

"Okay"

"Uhm.. so I'm gonna go.."

"Yeah, Okay"

"Okay.. b-bye"
I didn't wait for his reply as I opened the door, closed it and ran to my house, to my room and to my bed, sinking my face on my pillow before screaming my throat out until I was satisfied.

..

The first thing I did after waking up in the morning is listing the ingredients I would need for what I plan to cook for our dinner tonight and prepared myself for the day which lasted hours because of my occasional daydreaming of the kiss while touching my lips and then giggling. I'm telling you, I'm going crazy.

After that, I went out to buy what I listed. When I got back home, I cleaned almost the entire house except for my parents' and brother's room. I plan to start cooking in the afternoon.

It took hours for me to prepare what I'll be wearing. Ugh, why am I even concerned of what I'll be wearing? We're not even going anywhere and it's just Ricky.

Right, it's just Ricky, I need to chill.

Mom helped me prepare the ingredients while I started cooking. My brother and dad helped prepare the table later on, I already told them Ricky's coming.

It was 7:10 when I finished everything but Ricky hasn't arrived yet so we waited. He'll be here soon.

When the clock struck 8 and Ricky still hasn't arrived, I told my family to just go on ahead and eat dinner while I continued to wait. I was getting hungry too but I'll just wait and eat with Ricky when he arrives.