2 - Mate

"Fuck" I coughed out the flour that came in my mouth and nose when it exploded to my face as I opened my locker. I rubbed the flour out of my eyes and looked inside my locker. There's a small note saying "Happy birthday, runt". There's a faint smell of him. Being a werewolf gives you enhanced senses especially the sense of smell. He smells good. But he's still trash.
See thats how I know its him. He leaves tracks on everything. As if to make sure I know its his doing.

Oh man, the effort

I scoffed. He even looked up for my birthday to make sure he ruins it. But no, I wont let him ruin it. This is what my extra clothes, tissues and wipes in my bag pack are for. I let out an encouraging smile for myself before closing my locker and walking to the school's bathroom. I heard laughter and snickers as I walk through the hallway but I ignored them all.

After fixing myself in the bathroom, I walked to first period. It's werewolf anatomy. My favorite subject for the reason that I wanna be a healer too just like my mom and also because it's the only subject I have where the jerk is not around.

Second period is PE. I always come early to avoid changing with people around. I have purchased 2 pairs of uniforms because I learned to always be prepared for anything. And just like what I suspected, I found my brother's old PE uniform soaked with what smelt like coffee in my gym locker. Aside from my uniforms, I also borrowed my brother's old one. It's what I put in my locker after rubbing my scent to it so the jerk would think he's got mine. There's a note beside it with his smell again saying "oops, ACCIDENTALLY spilled my coffee ;P"

I smirked and proceeded to open a previously unoccupied locker which is now being occupied by my stuff and got my uniform from there. He didnt know I requested our gym teacher to have another locker. After changing, I was about to walk out when I noticed a locker that is slightly open. I was gonna ignore it but it gives off a little of his scent.

An evil smile spread across my face. I have my fair share of revenge and this is gonna be one of them.

I walked to the locker and opened it all the way, his scent smashing to my face. His uniform is in here. Perfect.

I walked back to my original locker and picked up my brother's old uniform with my thumb and forefinger. It was dripping as I transfered it to his locker putting it on top of his uniform. I pressed it down to his uniform to make sure it gets his uniform wet as well. After wiping my hand with tissues, I took his note and flipped it, writing on the other side "You must have had a bad morning. Here, take your coffee back ;)" before placing it inside his locker beside his uniform.

I dusted off my palms with a satisfied smile before walking my way out the changing room and to the gym.

He didn't show up during PE class which meant he didn't have any spares, thus making my day a whole lot better. I trudged happily to the cafeteria for lunch. I was about to enter the cafeteria when a wonderful intoxicating smell hit me. I automatically realized what it meant and my eyes scanned the crowd for my mate.

My eyes landed on him and I froze.

You gotta be kidding me.

He was sitting with his friends, laughing so handsomely. Handsomely?

Oh hell no

I see him stop all of a sudden, twitching his nose up in the air. Before he could look at my direction, I ran as fast as I can, out of the cafeteria and out of the school.

I ran and ran, tears flowing out of my eyes, until I reach our house.

No, no, no. How can this be happening? What did I do to make the moon goddess punish me this way? I can't be having my bully as my mate. Your mate is supposed to love you, care for you, not hurt you and make you hate going to school more than you already do. He won't ever do that. Loving me and caring for me is impossible for him.

I'm devastated with the disappointment. All my life I've been dreaming of how sweet and enchanting meeting my mate would be. How the world would not matter anymore as long as we're together.

I isolated myself in my room the whole day until I heard my family arrive, my mom from the pack hospital, and my father and brother from training. I went down the stairs to meet them with hugs.

"Happy birthday my little bean" my dad said as he hugged me while my brother just patted my head after muttering happy birthday. My mother kissed my cheek before proceeding to the kitchen with ingredients and groceries to start cooking for dinner.

"How was school?" my dad asked while putting his bag and shoes away.

I shrugged "Same as always"

"found your mate yet?" my brother asked grinning, making me go stiff as I look at him.

"...I...uhm"

"He's too young for that" dad chimed in

"He's already 18 dad"

"but he's still my wittle bean" my dad pouted and I chuckled at that

"doesn't mean he's not gonna find his mate and leave your old ass"

My dad gasped dramatically "Rose! Your son is bullying me again!"
I rolled my eyes smiling, he's so childish.

And the talk about mate was forgotten after that.
The night was filled with laughter and I appreciate them so much for making me forget the devastating news I discovered this morning and the fact that that discovery will change my life forever.