16 - Brother

"Goddess, Noah stop torturing my eardrums!"

"HE'S GONNA EAT MY FACE!" He yelled back pointing to my brother, Brent who at the moment looked confused, hurt and sad because his mate seems to be rejecting him at first sight.

We all are now inside my room, the three of us standing infront of the bed while Noah is on the bed as far away from us as the wall could allow him.

"No one's eating anyone's face, Noah" I sighed pressing my temple with my fingers. He's giving me a headache.

"Are you okay?" Ricky asked me but I just ignored him.

"You don't understand! It's a weirdwolf thing!" Noah exclaimed.

"What's a weirdwolf thing?" My brother asked him

Noah whimpered but he eventually answered. "W-werewolves? When they say the word 'mate', they eat each other's faces"

We all went silent.

"Is he for real?" Ricky uttered beside me but I ignored him.

"I won't touch you in any way without your consent." My brother told him and he seemed to relax at that

"Y-you promise?"

"I promise, Noah" my brother smiled softly at him

Noah smiled back and they stared at each other for a while.

I rolled my eyes. "Take the eye fucking elsewhere please, not in my room"

They immediately averted gazes and my brother turned his at me, glaring. "What have you been teaching him?"

"Did you tell him about us?" Ricky asked but I ignored him still and proceeded to answer Brent's question.

"I didn't teach him anything, he figured it out himself."

"W-w-wait wait, you knew?" Noah turned to me

I sighed "I'm a werewolf too"

"B-but, you-" he frowned at me looking like he was betrayed "you lied!"

"I didn't lie, I just didn't tell you anything"

He narrowed his eyes. "Omission is a form of dishonesty"

"If you were a werewolf, would you just tell any human you're a werewolf?"

He just pouted as a reply.

"Didn't think so" I continued and he just crossed his arms and continued to pout.

"I think we should leave the two of them to talk" Ricky uttered beside me referring to Noah and Brent but I ignored his presence and picked up Noah's notebook from the bed instead to continue reading it. I said I was unprepared to face Ricky right now, that's why I'll just ignore his presence. Easy to say, fucking hard to do.

I was flipping the pages to where I left off when someone grabbed my arm, making me drop the notebook. I immediately recognized it was Ricky because of the sparks. He pulled me out of my room to the living room and to the balcony.

He stopped walking and faced me "I said let's leave them alone."

I glared at him "I was trying to read!"

"You were ignoring me! Ignoring my presence the whole time! And what was he doing in your room?"

I pulled my arm from his grasp "What are you even doing here?"

"You weren't replying to any of my texts"

"Why would I?"

"Why wouldn't you?"