9 - Clingy

"You didn't reply to my text" I heard Rick say as he sit beside me. Yes, ever since we're back at being "friends" again, he's been sitting beside me in every class. We're currently in first period.

"We were gonna see each other here anyway" I replied nonchalantly

"You still gotta reply even if we were gonna meet a second after, Jamie" I just rolled my eyes at him. "So lunch with me later?"

"Sure, whatever"

..

Apparently, lunch with him meant lunch with him and his friends.

"Meet Andrei, he's gonna be my gamma and Ash here, he's gonna be delta." said Ricky while munching on his lunch and pointing his fork to the two guys in front of us. I already knew them, we just haven't met officially.

"Hi Jamie, we heard so much about y-- Ow" Andrei was cut off when Ash slapped the back of his head and gave him a warning look.

"Sorry about that, Jamie. We didn't hear a thing about you. In fact, it's the first time we heard the name Jamie Clancy" Ash smiled so wide, as if what he said was so convincing. Nobody even mentioned my last name, yet he knew it.

"Haha, okay?"

"You should join the party later!" Andrei exclaimed after rubbing the back of his head. "Oh yeah you should!" Ash seconded the motion

"What party?"

"Oh it's just a party the neighboring pack is gonna be hosting. They're welcoming the comeback of their future alpha which just came back from studying abroad, they invited us" it was Ricky who answered me

"I think I'll pass" I hate loud noises and crowds.

"What? But I want you to be there. Please come" Ricky looked at me with pleading almost sparkling puppy eyes and pouting lips. He looked weird.,, and funny,... and cute,... and handsome nonetheless.

"Okay" I slapped myself internally. god fucking damnit this mouth.

"No take backs!" He exclaimed happily before proceeding to finish his lunch.

..

..

..

I rolled my eyes as he dragged me to the library. It's our free period and he said he wanna study with me. What a bunch of bullcrap. I know he'll just take his nap there. It's his precious nap time after all.

He dragged me to his favorite couch and made me sit. "What book do you wanna read? I'll get it for you."

"No its okay, I'll get it myself" I stand up to get a book and he sit down on the couch with a pout.

I was on my way back to Ricky's corner when I saw that he wasn't alone there anymore. In front of him is a girl sitting on the opposite side of of the couch he was sitting on, leaning her arms on the table showing off her cleavage. I stopped on my track, contemplating if I should join them or just go sit in another table. They were talking with smiles and laughter. I feel like I'm invading their special moment. The girl leaned in some more making her boobies show more skin.

Damn, I don't have boobies like that.

My gaze went back to Ricky only to see him now looking at me with a frown, as if he's accusing me of doing something bad. Then he looked at the girl again and spoke something, then the girl stood up and gave him a wink before walking away.

I continued my walk to his couch and sat on the end side to give him more space to lay down on. "What did you talk about?" I asked

"She was inviting me to hang out with her this coming saturday... and I agreed coz I don't see a reason why I shouldn't"

How about the fact that we were supposed to hang out that day and I was supposed to cook something for you?- is what I wanted to say but answered "okay" instead. Maybe hanging out with me wasn't that big of a deal for him anyway.

He positioned himself to lay down on the couch with his head on my lap.

This has been going on since we reconciled. He spends his lunch breaks and free time with me, even dragging me to the library for his afternoon naps to nap with him only I don't take a nap but read books instead while he makes my lap as his pillow. He's being too clingy.

And ever since then, I've been amazing at controling myself. His scent still drives me crazy but I'm getting used to it and able to stop myself from doing anything stupid.

Like remove my bracelet and just confess that I'm his mate.

And kiss him on the lips.

But whenever I think of just doing that, I get anxious and scared. I know your mate is supposed to be drawn to you as soon as he finds out you're his mate. But I've been keeping it from him for awhile now. What if instead of liking me, he gets mad at me? What if he'll feel like I already rejected him by hiding from him and rejects me instead?

And does he even like me? He just wanted his friend back.. and if I reveal myself to him... maybe he doesn't want me that way? Maybe he just wants me as a friend...and he'd... reject me. The scene with the girl earlier giving me more reason to not confess.

Coz if I do,

I wont only lose him as a mate but as my friend as well.

I'd lose him completely.