7 - Why

The more he talked, the more he explained himself, the more I get confused and the more questions arising in my brain.

Why did he do all that?
Why did he want to know where I live and what school I go to?
Why did he want to give me milk?
Why did he try to gift me with my favorite food?
Why did he want me to wear his jersey?
Why did he think I was gonna be his mate? Did he want me to?

Why is he looking like that? Like he's sad, disappointed and hurt? Why do I want his cocky smirk back?

Why did I not know that Rick and my Ricky is the same person? Am I dumb? I probably am.

I stared at him for the longest time. Only realizing now the slight resemblance he has with the younger Ricky I knew.  At the same time, thinking about what he just said and the multiple questions arising in my head.

My head hurts

"Do you like me?" Is the only words I came up with that sums up all the questions thats been bugging me.

He stared at me shocked. "Are you dumb?" Is the only answer he gave me before he was called by my brother to get on with what they were planning to do for the day. He left me there with all these questions unanswered.

My head hurts.

He left me there questioning myself what I should do with the questions, what I should do with the stupid spell on the bracelet, with our mate bond, and with my growing feelings for him, my Ricky, my mate.

My heart hurts.

...

...

...

...

"You gotta be kidding me"

"Nope, Mr. Clancy. Im serious. This is the last subject our future alpha needs to pass in order to be coronated. Alpha Richard himself requested to have the best student in this subject help his son and you my dear, has the highest grade in this subject so I suggested you." My anatomy teacher and apparently the bringer of bad news, Mrs. Parker smiled so big I thought she'd rip her face. She just told me I have to tutor Ricky with anatomy. How cool is that? Not!. This is supposed to be my comfort subject, my only Ricky-free period, where I'm free from the clutches of evil.

"Uhm.. but you're the teacher? so.." I tried reasoning out

"I'll only be teaching the lessons scheduled for the remaining days of this semester. I don't have time for extra tutoring for the lessons he missed"

That's not my problem! Is what I wanna counter back. Don't let me spend time with him! I'll catch unnecessary feelings more than I already did!

"Don't worry Mr. Clancy. You'll be compensated generously. This will give you extra credit and Alpha Richard promised to give you a position in the pack that you want right after you graduate. Isn't that great? You said you wanted to be a healer for the pack. If you agree to do this, you're automatically in!" She clapped her hands excitedly.

Damnit, the offer sounds so good to my ears. I let out a sigh. "When do I start?"

"Right after today's last period. It's the only time where you're both free" Ugh but I wanna go home early!

"We're actually both free after the first period in the afternoon Mrs Parker" i tried suggesting

"Hmm no. Alpha Rick said he needs to be at the library at that time" she answered. I internally rolled my eyes.

"He just sleeps in the library"

"I'm sorry Jamie but he said his time in the library is important. I guess he doesn't wanna lose his nap time" Mrs parker smiled apologetically.

"Fine"

The door suddenly opened and I get attacked by his annoying delicious scent. It should be illegal to be smelling like that.

"Morning Mrs. Parker. I'm here to.." he cut himself off when his gaze landed on me, his smiling face suddenly becoming neutral

"Morning Alpha Rick. Jamie Clancy over here is the one who's gonna be your tutor." He just let out a nervous laugh which made Mrs Parker laugh as well. "Come on Ricky, he doesn't bite"

I crossed my arms and gave him a challenging look.

"But he punches" he loudly whispers to Mrs parker. She laughed loudly.

"You're so silly Alpha Rick, I'm sure he doesn't. Jamie is a sweet kid"

"Sweet my ass" he mumbles and I glared at him. Jackass

"Oh come on you guys, we all know you two get along so well, don't you?" Mrs. Parker giggles

"We don't" Ricky and I replied simultaneously causing us both to look at each other.

"Oh don't deny it. I can smell Ricky's smell on you Jamie"

I went speechless with that. My gaze went to my bracelet and I glared at it. Stupid spell. I raise my gaze to Ricky and I see him looking at me with narrowed eyes and then to my bracelet and then back at me. I slowly as subtle as I can, hide my wrist with the bracelet behind me. Stupid me.

Why do I have to be so stupid? Why do I have to be so bad at casting spells? Why did the jerk let himself miss a lot of lessons before enrolling to this subject anyway? He should've attended this class since the start of the semester. Now I gotta tutor him and spend more time with him? Why am I mated to this attractive moron? Why? Ugh, I'm really starting to dislike you, moon goddess.