Deeper into the Ruins

The three continue on and come across some cannon barrels,so they hop in and blast into the inside of the ruins.

Afterwards,it was a matter of life and death since they had to press a button at the right or get pricked by spikes.

They manage to get through that part,so they travel on into a room.

Verde:Is something supposed to happen?

Right after that,a flock of Hummingbirds come in.

Verde was about to pet one until it tried to jab her with its pointy beak,so the three had to beat them up.

Some more barrels appeared afterwards,which they used to go deeper into the ruin.

There they had to traverse around some more spikes and once they did,they kept on going.

Upon scaling a wall full of appearing and disappearing platforms,they come to the end of the area and were now in a barrel cannon with a monkey statue in front of them,its mouth wide open.

They fire into its mouth causing it to spin around and spit them out with them now rotating.

Verde:Looks like we gotta keep going into their mouths.

The trio shoot out but miss,but were luckily caught by another barrel,which placed them back in the barrel they shot out of.

But since they had two tries left,they needed to be careful. Another shot went successful,making the statue spin a little faster.

They made the shot again and made,which causes the statue to break apart,revealing the goal barrel.

Verde shoots herself out and gets to hit the barrel multiple times,giving them a bunch of banana's.

The trio then blast out of the deep ruins and land onto a canopy near the coast.

Verde:Let's see,what's goin' down here.

They then slide down some smooth slopes and after firing from one last cannon,they arrive from near some pirate ships.

Verde:Oh,bother. They're gonna try 'n blast us again. Well,let's blast 'em back.

They then use the cannonballs to uncover another barrel cannon,which they use to enter the ship by putting a hole in it.

They were in the lower deck of the ship,so they begin to ascend up to the main deck where they shoot to another ship not too far.

A third ship then shows up and it starts to fire on the current ship they were on.

The trio climb up the mast to the top where they come across barrel cannon,which shoots them onto the crow's nest of the third ship.

Apparently the impact was so strong,it caused the whole ship to break apart and sink.

Diddy breaks the goal barrel and they fly away to a different part of the ruins.

They see some more ruins and head inside,where they find it was filled with water and platform the worked with the water-flow.

Verde thought it was pretty inventive,so she admired it while traveling through the damp ruins.

After a few minutes they reach the end of the level and after dodging a giant shark,they get the barrel so they can continue.

They enter more ruins,which had a lot of strange creatures that looked like fuzz balls.

The trio walk through the temple with the feeling of them being watched.

When they get to an empty area to their surprise,some small fuzzy ball creatures break from the tiles on the ground.

Verde screams in shock and bashes one about to bite her.

Verde:Let's finish this fast,mates.

And so they did,as they ran through the temple while avoiding all of the little terrors in their way,which also had a red and brown variant.

The trio run and end up in a room,which had more little terrors,so they bonked and bashed them to oblivion.

Eventually,a cannon barrel shoots them out of the underground and into the open again.

DK blows leaves off a gong of the floor then bangs on it to reveal the barrel,which he smashes.

Verde:Whew...Glad that's over with. But,something's pinchin' my behind.

She looks to see one of the little terrors on her chomping on her backside.

Angrily she pries it off and throws it away into the jungle.

Verde:It's official...I hate these things. Come on,mates.

So,they continue.