Chapter 25

Luca and I were inseparable. Once home we laid together, his lips crashed against mine, and his eyes were filled with love that made my heart explode. It's weird to think this all started when we were just kids. As complicated and insane as our story sounded, I felt like we were fated to be together. "Lana, you're everything to me. You make me feel loved in a way no one else ever could. My heart has always been yours." Luca brushed my hair with his hand. "I was just a spunky teenager with a bad attitude and an issue with authority when we first met. You were the first guy to challenge that, and love me for it." I giggled a little. "I didn't see it that way. I wasn't supposed to fall in love, I just wanted to know who you were that day at the dinner, where we met. Never in my wildest dreams did I realize how quickly I'd fall for you." He kissed my head lightly. I pulled him closer to me and snuggled into his arms. "I love you Lana."

"I love you too." I listened to his heart beat, as I slowly fell asleep. I was in a deep sleep when the sound of my phone went off.

No Caller ID

I slowly sat up and answered it quietly as Luca still slept.

"Hello?"

"Congratulations."

"Antonio?"

"I heard you're having twins. A mother of three, I'm just sorry you have to do it alone."

"What do you mean?" looked over at Luca sound asleep.

"My war isn't with you. Just remember that. Don't worry, my men are under strict orders. No one touches you or Leah."

"Wait!" Antonio ended the call before I could get any more answers. Before I could react, the sound of guns popping rang throughout the house. Luca quickly jumped up, fully alert. He quickly pulled a gun from under the bed. Still shirtless he walked over to the door cracking it slightly and peaking out. "Luca." My voice was more nervous than I meant to. He quickly rushed over to me and pressed his lips against mine. "We have to get down the hall to Leah." The mention of Leah's name got the adrenaline pumping. I was no longer nervous, just ready to run to her. That's when it hit me. Antonio said his men were under strict orders not to hurt me or Leah. I guess there's only one way of knowing if he was telling the truth. I shoved passed Luca, and stepped out into the hall. Men immediately spotted me and pointed guns at me. Luca ran out and shot them both leaving my ears ringing from it. "Are you crazy!" He shouted. "Luca, did you see that? They won't hurt me. Antonio said his men wouldn't hurt me or Leah." I knew that was a mistake. Anger filled Luca's eyes. "ANTONIO!" He growled. "I'll explain later, let's take advantage of it." I rushed him. "What?" Luca furrowed his brows. A man came around the corner and I quickly stood in front of Luca. The man hesitated unsure what to do, it cost him his life. Luca killed him. "I don't like this Lana, just go find Leah." Luca grabbed my wrist forcing me to look at him.

"Luca, let me help you."

"No, if they see what you're doing, Antonio might change his mind."

"Luca."

"Lana, no! Go to our daughter!" I could see the frustration in his eyes. I didn't think it was a fight that I wanted to continue with him. So I quickly took off to Leah's room. When I entered her room, I found Carla waiting with her. "Carla!" I wrapped my arms around her. "Oh, thank goodness!" Carla let out a sigh of relief. Leah was in a corner of the room hiding behind a toy chest. "Leah!" I ran to her. "Baby, are you okay?" I copped her cheeks examining her. "Momma, what's happening?" Leah covered her ears to block out the sound. "Daddy and his friends are trying to get rid of some bad guys in our house." I never imagined myself having to explain something like this to my daughter. I felt it was better to be honest with her though. I didn't want to try and hide it from her. She'd be able to understand it one day, and I don't want her to remember me lying to her. Leah's door suddenly opened and Carla quickly lifted her gun. "Lana?" I was surprised to see Antonio. "Uncle Toni?" Leah looked at him in confusion. "Hey sweetheart!" Antonio smiled brightly at her. Carla stood in between us and Antonio. "What is it Antonio?" I glared at him. "Please come with me, for Luca." Something in the way he said that made me believe something was wrong. I quickly stood up and followed him out. "No one touches my daughter." I told Carla knowing she'd protect Leah. Carla nodded in response. "Where are we going?" I asked once out of the room.
"To talk." Antonio smirked.

"Where's Luca?"

"My men will let him go once me and you get out of here."

"Antonio, he'll just follow us."

"Perhaps, but by the time he catches up with us our conversation will be over." We walked through the mansion, and as we made it to the front door, I could see Luca being held at gunpoint by Antonio's men. "Luca?" I was terrified seeing the gun held to his head. At any given moment Antonio could take Luca from me, forever.

"Lana!" Luca went to stand up but was knocked back down. Where's Luca's men? I scanned the area and noticed they were all missing. If they're not here that means... they're dead. Luca has lost this war.