Chapter 35

The silence brought a strange feeling of peace. I felt in my heart everything would be okay now. That life would finally be normal for Leah. "Lana, can you hear me?" I heard. Whose voice was that? "Lana?" Doc? Am I still alive? It took a lot of effort, but I managed to open my eyes. It took a moment to really see anything. It was fuzzy. My eyes locked on a large shape and focused until it finally cleared. "Doc?" I mumbled. "Lana, how are you feeling? Any pain at all?" I shook my head and struggled to look around the room. The door opened, and my heart exploded when I saw Luca enter the room. "Lana?" He rushed to me. "Leah?" I hurried trying to get up. Luca pushed me back down lightly. "She's a safe baby, she's with mom." I let myself finally smile. Wait. The twins. Tears stung my eyes and I felt a heavy weight on my chest. My throat burned as I began to sob, holding my belly. "Lana? What is it?" He examined me. "Lana?" Doc rushed over to examine me. "Lana, they're alive." Doc assured me, realizing where my pain was coming from. My eyes widened in shock. How? "By some strange fate they're alive and healthy as far as I can see. Lana it's a miracle you survived let alone the twins as well. If I were you I'd be thanking God." And I was. Luca held me as I cried, not in mourning this time, but pure joy. "Antonio?" I asked. "He's gone now." Luca answered happily. It was as if all my pain and worries were now gone. We finally had a chance at happiness. I tried to stand up. "Woah, take it easy." Luca tried to stop me. "I want to see Leah." I shoved past him and wandered out into the hall trying to find Leah. "Leah!" I called out to her. "Momma?" Leah ran towards me. "Baby, are you okay?" I wrapped my arms around her tightly. "Yes ma'am." I noticed something strange. I looked down to see my belly was bigger than I remember. I rubbed my hand over it confused. I looked at Leah and Luca for answers. "Lana." Luca's voice was soft. "How long was I out?" I asked him. "Doc had to induce a coma, you've been asleep for a few weeks." Luca was trying his best to keep me calm. "Lana!" I spun around to see Robbie running towards me. "Thank you for saving me Robbie!" I hugged him tightly. "Wait." I mumbled. I remembered I had unfinished business. "Where's Alexa?" I looked around me. "Guest house, why?" Luca tilted his head a little concerned about me. "Doc, I'm going to need you." Doc nodded in response and followed me. I burst through the doors of the guest house. Alexa was even bigger than I was. "Ah, Lana survives, I see. Pity." She rolled her eyes. "Doc I'd like you to run another DNA test." I looked at Doc who nodded in response. "Very well." She hurried to work. "Lana, what's going on?" Luca looked worried. I'm not crazy. I've started to figure things out. Antonio wanted everything Luca had, and when I wasn't around Alexa was. "Results are ready. Luca, you are related, however, you're not the father." Doc showed everyone her testing kit with results. "I knew it, the test was tampered with, Antonio is the father isn't he?" I asked glaring at her. Alexa's face filled with anger. "Luca and I would've been happy had you just stayed away." Her face burned while glaring at me. "Don't lie to yourself, you were only ever around as a distraction. Thomas! Please escort Alexa out of our home." Thomas grinned, pulling Alexa's arm. "With pleasure." I waved goodbye happily. "You stupid bitch! You'll regret this!" She shouted and Thomas pulled her from the house. "How'd you know?" Luca asked, shocked. "Antonio wanted everything that was yours." I shrugged. Luca smiled brightly and his lips quickly crashed against mine. With no more threats around, and everyone safe, we were all free to live our lives.

Wedding bells were now ringing. Robbie finally proposed to Delilah. Kate and Thomas snuck off in the night for a run away trip to Europe, where they finally tied the knot. Carla and Tyler move in together, and I can see an engagement soon. As for me? Luca and I are wanting to get married after the twins are here. Robbie was right. It may have been easier to find someone normal and settle down, but who's to say what's normal?