Luca

After talking with Lana, I quickly left the room to find my mother. I had to know if she knew about Antonio.

I found Kate sitting by the pool reading. "Mom." I grabbed her attention. "Hey hun, what's going on?" She smiled brightly. "Lana finally told me what happened with Antonio." Mom turned to face me.

"And?"

"He proposed. He wanted to negotiate an engagement for my life." I hurried to explain.

"What did she say?"

"She said she had to consider it for my life, but it was a no."

"Then what's wrong?" Mom squinted her eyes at me.

"He's claiming to be Dad's bastard." I watched as she let out an almost heartbroken sigh.

"So it's true?"

"I always suspected, but I couldn't ever prove it. Son if it's true, he's not going to-"

"Stop?" I cut her off. "Yeah, that's what Lana said, but she came up with an idea, I think might work."

"Oh yeah?" Mom raised a brow.

"She's going to say she accepts, and open a window for us to finish this." I explained confidently.

"Luca, if she accepts that proposal fake or real, she'll have to spend time with him to pull it off, to make him believe it." Mom looked almost irritated?

"Small price to pay, but he'd never hurt her." I assured her.

"What if she hurts you?" I was stunned by that.

"Antonio seems to be an expert at using and manipulating Lana. If you want this to work, you need to be completely devoted to her. Do not give her a reason to doubt you. You need to talk to her about her mother." Mom looked at her feet hurt knowing the truth about Lana's mother. Mom always did love Lana like her own. I'm sure Lana's mother is a sore subject for my mom.

"Mom, it'll kill her." I didn't want to tell Lana. I'd rather her hate me than be forced to break her heart.

"She can handle it. I watched that girl grow up, she's tougher than you give her credit for." I knew my mom was right. The only way this mission will be a success, is if I step up my game. I need to remind her why I love her, and show her I truly am devoted to her, as well as trustworthy. If this is going to work, she needs to be sure of who's on her side.