Chapter 010 - I Came To Understand Various Things

TN: YAY. I finally reached 10 chapters! Oh yes, as many were commenting about wanting to see how Shou looks like, I created a character file at the end of the chapters page. Images are all from the manga, have fun looking~

AN: Will is turning 1 soon. Right now he is at the stage of standing and grabbing.

A few months had passed since I could lift my head up. Just a little more to go before I turned 1 year old. I learned to stand and could now use my hands to grab stuff. I also came to know more about this world. For example, this world did not have a name. Thinking about it, it was not all that weird. My previous world was named ‘Earth’ but that was actually the name of a planet, and not the actual name of the world.

Meh, all that I learned were all from the books I could read anyway.

For one, there was magic in this world!

Yep. I had thought the story in the Picture Book was ridiculous but it turned out to be a rather famous fairy tale. In short, magic existed in this world and everyone could use it! Although talent was another thing.

My excitement just soared through the roof when I learned about it. I was sure anyone would agree with me feeling like shouting ‘HERE IT IS!!! ‘.

And so, from today, I would be experimenting. Even though the maids were going to run around looking for me, who had escaped from the crib [TN: Original text is futon], but I didn’t care! I had a huge task ahead of me now!

” Alrighty! ”

Sitting in the library alone, I felt my excitement rising as I held a book in my hand. [TN: Counteraction raising! We say WOW WOW WOW WOOOW.]

『Magic That Even Monkeys Understand Elementary』

What a title. You didn’t know if the author was trying to make a pun or not. It was really amazing that this book, with a title that treated people like idiots, was the compression of the eternal dreams Earthlings ever had. Excited, I opened the book and began to slowly, carefully read it.

” Yep,yeup. ”

That was not me fumbling with my words.

『 The basics of Magic

1. Let’s Sense Magic : Mana is all around you and in you.

2. Let’s Manipulate Magic : If you can feel the mana, imagine it flowing. After getting used to it, try gathering it in your hand.

3. Let’s try Using Magic : Mana and Incantations are needed. To know more about Incantations, please go to the next page ‘Chapter 2 : Incantations’! 』

Yep, yep. How orthodox!

This was really fantasy! I mean, it was word for word from the web novel I read!

…The imagination of Earthlings was incredible.

And so, I started to practice according to the book. As I had my previous memories, I had already grasped the meaning of point 1. This warm feeling inside and outside must be ‘Mana’.

And erm…Next was to imagine the flow…

It was like I grew a new organ. Kinda like ‘I grew a 6th toe!’. Anyway, even if the mana was drifting about, a part of me could still recognize it.

Hm…hm..hmmmm…

As I was having trouble with it, suddenly I felt like a nerve had been unlock and the Mana started moving.

Yes, here it comes!

This must be what they mean by feeling the flow. I felt like ClaXX from HeiXX, GiXX Of The Alps. This must be the same feeling as how XXare first being able to walk.