Chapter 138 - If Prepared

AN: And we're back to Will's POV.

Father had always been like this.

No matter how, a father was always just so cool. Although he's someone I never had in my previous life. But he was so cool that it was natural for a son to want to follow after his father's footsteps.

Although it was difficult to imagined, looking at his usual idiotic father tendencies, his cool side shined through in situations like this. As a territory lord, as the leader of the knights, as a duke, as the personal guard of the King. He was a person who deserved all the titles he had been given, was what I once again felt deeply.

He would be so so cool if he maintained that behavior of his all the time. After imagining it for a bit, I didn't really felt too good so I stopped. It, it's not like I'm feeling lonely or anything!

After leaving the office and stepping into the corridor, my mind hasn't stop spinning. The thing I was thinking about was the wide flowing, muddy river. The Iiza River. The place where I visited 2 months ago.

Father, who made the smart choice of showing me the report, had something like this written in it. Suspicious personal seen in the Sociunnov territory, which meant Hattuo's citizen who entered into Elzmu unlawfully, was seen so they were requesting for reinforcement to be sent over.

That was the digest of it. Others might think that the Sociunnov Knights family should handledsomething like on their own.

By the way, the set-up of the knights around the different territories had, if strictly speaking, different missions but they were mostly a cross between America's federal system and Japan's prefecture's police system.

Knights had about the same authority as a normal policeman had but in this world filled with magical beasts, they were also allowed to adapted themselves according to different moments. Which meant they had a certain amount of freedom. And, the leader of these small groups of knights were usually the lord of the territory.

And the Sociunnov territory was located at the edge of the [Demon Forest]. That meant that their knights were very highly trained and were unlikely that they would be defeated by Hattuo's soldiers, who mostly had no knowledge about magic.

Ah, all of these was not my conjecture but something John-Sensei once taught me.

So, what was the problem then?

This was written in the book I got from Father, [The Diary Of The First Founder], that [Balance] was needed for this world. If they were to damaged the forest recklessly, 'something bad' would happened. And the Sociunnov territory had been keeping this rule in mind for they were the nearest to the [Demon Forest].

They had no idea what would happened if they rampaged in the forest, which was why they asked for help from the King. And the King immediately informed his personal guard, as well as the leader of (all) the knights, Gion, about it.

But with just the report alone and without any evidence, Father can't make a move either. The matter won't be settled with just a " Sorry, it was a mistake, te-heh-heh~ ". This was a norm of an official organization. Although that father of mine was looking unconcerned about this, he was still that father of mine. He must be worried like hell right now.

And I was very happy that he trusted in me so much that he was willing to show me the report.

After thinking it through, I lifted my face up and chanted silently.

《転移》

[TN: Teni, Teleport]

The sight of the soft and fluffy carpeted corridor changed in an instant to a rocky area where a huge gush of water flowed through. I was standing at an area of the riverbed of the Iiza River, surrounded by rocks that blocked me from prying eyes. Before, when I came here with Buu-san on the mission to investigated Hattuo, I had specially searched for a place like this.