Chapter 077 - God's Test

Oh god. What a test you had given me.

I wonder if all my grieving and moaning would reach your ears that seemed to be blocked by that long beard of yours.

Having taken my life with that long beard of yours, would you not even hear some of my tiny wishes out?

" Ooh... god! "

" What is Will-dono doing? "

" Oh, don't worry about it. He does that sometimes. "

To the me who was clasping my hands and grieving and moaning, the other 2 were being indifferent. Too indifferent. Yep, everyone's cruel. How awful! Anyway, there was no one who could understand my anguish!

" There is no one who understands me.... "

My shoulders fell and I got even more depressed. Then, a hand reached out from behind and patted my shoulders gently.

" As expected of my master, a perfect chuunibyo! "

....You were the last person I wanted to hear that from.

Wasn't it fine? Leave me alone to grieve.

Because you see, usually when you save people from being enslaved, wouldn't you get a cute girl's love or admiration?

But no!

Why did I get an address-unknown-jobless man instead?! I don't need it, I don't need him the most! But I couldn't say it into his face because he did become jobless thanks to me. I was not a kid who could just wave 'Goodbye!' and left him alone. Ah, although I did look like one.

Or rather, I am older than him! He was only 23!

Plus, he declared ' Children shouldn't worry about this, it is my own decision after all. ' and timidly stroked my head. Him, with his fierce-looking face while smiling awkwardly, like he was not used to it, said that to me!

I do not blame him. I can't blame him.

But! Then! But then!

I knew I had an average face. But when this kind of incident (event) happened, I can't be blamed for expecting an encounter with the opposite sex! And I got an address-unknown-jobless-fierce-looking Onii-san instead! No flag was raised at all!

Eh? He was an ikemen former soldier?

....That's not it! That's totally not it!

Listen, I am straight. I was very reluctant and was pushed into cross-dressing by Zirco-san. I would be troubled if you misunderstand. I do not like men. I like girls. I lust for girls! .....That last part came out a bit wrong.

Anyway, in any case.

I was totally justified in grieving!!!!

Without thinking, my eyes were squeezed shut and my hands were clenched tight. Forgive me, I went a little over. I am a gentleman and a Duke's son. I shouldn't be blaming this poor man who lose his job because of me in front of Shiro, and it would do me no good to continue lamenting like this.

Eh? Don't even lament in the first place? Shut up! There were times where I just can't help it!

I glanced at the fierce-looking-address-unknown-jobless Onii-san who passed out and was carried by Shiro, and the sigh that came out of my mouth was my respect to him. Definitely.

Those beastmen children that I rescued had either a family or was a part of a merchant's caravan so they would have a place to return to. That was one case closed. That was not too bad.

The reason they were all so scared was due to this place's discrimination. They had thought I was from Hattuo. I was taught that by an Uncle who grasped and shook my hand as he cried tears of joy. Tears from an Uncle...